Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic

'Sound' of a blown shock

Just wondering if anyone can describe the sound of a blown shock? Does a blown shock actually make a sound? Would I be able to hear the shock when cornering if it is blown? Other than the shock leaking are there any other signs that I can look for while the shock is on the car?
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When you go over a sharp bump or an indent in the road, it'll make a low "DOK" sound. Actually, something that is sounds like pronouncing the word "dock"
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    noise? im not sure bout a noise man. take one off, push it together and if it does come out u know its blown.

koni time man
    oh wrd!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    What do you mean it 'does come out'? I think I will rebuild them before going koni's - sorry Trav .

The sound that I have at the moment sounds like there is rubbing or something is hitting something, however when I have taken the wheel off the tyres and inner/outer guard have no signs of wear. It is only on the one corner so that is why I think the shock might have gone???

Maybe I will take it to a suspension place to get them to check it out.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

take it to pedders and do a full suspension check for $14 = ]

where is the closest pedders??

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    quickest test is to bounce your car stop bouncing an it should settle in two an a half bounces if amy more its not reaally aceptable

aaronng has the sound phonetically correct hahahah if it can be put into words... i think of it as a "clunk" but then again everything is a "clunk"...

when you are drving you will also notice that the shock is less responsive and takes longer to rebound.

pedders are crap.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    Quote Originally Posted by type one
    pedders are crap.
    ^^^^^^ Here Here.