Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S

All the hints and tip you can give

I was on the drag for the 1st time on weds... running everything stock except for the muffler just for sound, and clutch wasnt sticking too well either
    I had street tyres on 17psi on front and rear (i dunno why for the rear)
    1. i launch at 5.5k for the 1st run got wheel spin and it bogged down jus below 5k 60ft 2.474
    2. 2nd run i launch at 5k less wheel spin but i bogged down below 4.5k 60ft 2.421
    3. 3rd run i launch at 4.5k and it still bogged down 60ft 2.394

Any reason why it keeps bogging down? clutch? riding too much? release clutch too early?

Im planning to get new clutch & flywheel soon and going back to try again. So any tips will be great.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Try accellerating as you are letting the clutch out.

Otherwise try launching higher but release the clutch a bit slower.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    u might wanna improve your way of releasing clutch and accelerating...u might get down to 2.2sec..

for me case, it takes me alot of practice to get me down to 1.9sec with me car...

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    1.9sec
    thats really gd
    coz all i know is street n drag strip is way diff

Member Array
    Car:
    nissan for now =)
    is riding the clutch better or dumpin the clutch at drags?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    We need master yonas in here!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    lol i get the perfect take off revving to just 2-2.5k rpm... a lil wheel spin but then gripz and takes off no wonder u jus spin revving it that high lol
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    wtf ? you revved to only 2-2.5K ? aer you serious ? i find thats actually hard to beleive *sorry*
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude
    yeh i get the same prob, i often launce at 4 to 4.5k get very little wheel spin then boggs down...i then try 2 vary how i release the clutch n accelerate n every now n then i get a good launch little wheel spin and little or not bogging at all but wen i try 2 do it all again i get bak 2 where i started! bogging!! annoying as hell

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Keep in mind that wheelspin is your friend as long as you are still moving. Bogging down is what will slow you down.

Rev to about 4500rpm to start with (this is prob a bit low but good place to start) then gently 'slip' the clutch while giving more throttle on take off. If you just pop straight off the clutch you get that 'thump & lag' feeling while your brain starts adding up repair bills! If you gently slip it while giving more throttle you will get that nice 'push' feel. If that isn't enough revs then try 5k, 5.5k, 6k little bit by bit to find the right bite & see how you go. It is exactly the same as taking off with 'normal driving' ie: gentle slip & more throttle but you are just starting with higher revs instead of 1500rpm like Nana does.

But remember, don't let it slip too much otherwise you get that lurvely smell. There is a fine line between "do or die"!
    edit: that was originally for wrx launching but applies to all cars (bar the up to 6k!)

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    nice info chee
    ill sure to try that next time.. must be the quick dump of the clutch thats boggin me.

btw i dont need to lower the psi on the rear tyres do i?