Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    well i tell u what i did... hehehehe. i launched to 6k and drop the clutch, consistent 2.2 60ft times. but that is with a b16a, so i dun have the low down torque, u cud probably do the same in the lude at about 4k...

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by luzinit
    well i tell u what i did... hehehehe. i launched to 6k and drop the clutch, consistent 2.2 60ft times. but that is with a b16a, so i dun have the low down torque, u cud probably do the same in the lude at about 4k...
    lol i was reading the whole first page thinking - im going to tell them how luzinit does it.....

beat me to it y0

great times!
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Get LSD ahha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude
    great tip chee, ima try that 2 next time cheers,
    i think i jus been doin the same as u there redliner.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    Quote Originally Posted by zco
    wtf ? you revved to only 2-2.5K ? aer you serious ? i find thats actually hard to beleive *sorry*
    lol *thinkz bout it* ummm maybe it was 2.5-3? roflz but yehh its not that badly over revving it, and it only screetches for like 1second then gets traction... but im sure its not over 3... but that was b4 my clutch started slipping so i duno if it would do it anymore lol
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by aozora
    Get LSD ahha
    i got ATTS which is just the same concept

i dun wanna launch too low coz that will leave me out of vtec, the got great torque but its damn heavy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    drop ur front tyre pressure to 22psi, launch 6k. drop clutch, vrooooom!! run 14's bro

ok.. dropping tyre pressure.. here's something i am not getting..

i know rwd's do it because they will do a massive wheel spin at the start and heat the tyres up hence expanding the tyres to full pressure-ish..

fwd's often dont wheel spin in the water at teh start and if they do dont do one big enough to actually get any heat into the tyres.. so in other words your gonna be starting at the line with saggy tyres.

So how does this help you take off?? I'm just trying to get familiar with the concept.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    they a got concept, never thought of that.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    well, if it is flat, there is more surface area touchin the ground, so u get better traction the whole point is so u get more contact area. well it works for me, taught by yonas *bows down, hahahahahha

ps: durin my last 6 runs, ive never done a burnout. dunno how. haha, but im gettin decent 60 foot times on 16" street tyres.. so i dont think it is totally necessary, would help tho..

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    For us FWD people, use low pressure in the front and high pressure in the back. You want max grip in the front, while you want less rolling resistance (drag) in the back, hence pump the rears up high.

The reason for low pressure in the fronts it not only to maxamise tyre contact area on the bitumen, but the tyre will flex and distribute the power to the ground more slowly instead of instant. A hard (hi pressure) tyre distributes the power instantly to the ground and you'll end up loosing traction easier.

Hopefully you can see it in this photo, (see the tyre flex):

If this guy dumped the clutch at the same rpm and same style if the tyre was pumped up hard, then the wheels would spin.

That is why 18's and 19 inch wheels arn't good at the drags, while you can drop the pressure on these and get a simular contact patch, the walls on the tyres are not big enough to get a good flex in the tyre. 15's and 14 are better.

If your at the drags or the track if you loose traction your loosing time.
    Last edited by DLO01; 30-10-2005 at 12:02 AM.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 S2 Chaser, DC4, S5
    Rear tires should stay in standard inflation, you only need to drop the drive wheels. Riding out the clutch gets easier and easier the more you practice, what e.t did you run on your third attempt? terminal speed?