Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

ALLMTR Build: Got all Parts Ready, Pls COmment

Alright, next wednesday my car will be going in to the mechs... here's wahts going to be coming out the otherside

B16A2
    Replica Mugen Intake (exact 100% accurate for dimensions and all, diff material)
    Brand name JDM 2.25 exhaust (lets just say equivalent to spoon/vision, dont wanna give out wot it is )
    High Flow Cat
    CTR Cams
    CTR valvespirngs on both sides
    Port and polished head

all the above will be tuned with VAFC on dyno

the only dilemma i'm facing is

AUDM ITR Extractor (2.0 collector)

vs

JDM CTR Extractor (2.5 collector)

i'm prolly going to go the CTRs, but would the extractor present an unacceptable bottleneck on my current setup? i'm leaning towards the CTR mainly because it was designed from factory to go wtih the CTR cams.

Yes i know a toda would be better.

But on my current setup, i realy want to know is whether the extractors are becoming a bottleneck on my current setup, to what extent, and does it need changing?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    definately a restriction.
    2" collector is very small.

My only real concern is why you're going to such an expense and only using a VAFC ??

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    What about the following parts have you considered these also ?
    Any engine you build you should replace / do the following I hope these parts are also on your list…

Hone the block to suit over size CTR pistons, (81.25) not 81.00mm pistons (I hope you ordered over sized pistons, or your piston to bore clearances might be up shit creek)

Water pump
    Timing belt, alt belt, power steering belt
    Oil pump
    VRS head gasket kit
    VRS bottom gasket kit
    Rods bearings
    Crank bearings
    Crank Thrust bearings
    Clutch Thrust bearing
    Consider a set of ARP head studs
    Thermostat
    If your porting and polishing the head, consider resurfacing it.
    If your block’s coming out get this also resurfaced.
    Have your crank micro polished
    Balance the whole rotating assembly, (rods & pistons) (crank, clutch, fly wheel, harmonic balancer)

Unless your just dropping in someone else’s already pre made engine…. Not sure why you have “b16a2” by its self on the top line, although the topic of this forum is “allmtr build”

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    james- i'll be doing a full rebuild of my engine when it hits 200,000 not for a while yet... dont wanna sit around for months while i gather the parts.. but thanks for the list

evans - well, i i have the VAFC already? and even later on in my build i aint going to go above CTR pistons neway... i really really want to run uberdata or proEcu,,, but its like 100 bucks harness 200 ECU etc etc

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    james- i'll be doing a full rebuild of my engine when it hits 200,000 not for a while yet... dont wanna sit around for months while i gather the parts.. but thanks for the list
    I still question the stupidity of ripping your engine apart and not replacing the above parts, do it once, do it correctly. If you can’t afford it SAVE until you can. Doesn’t sound like your made of money, because your skimping on even the tuning side of things, buy why go 2 the whole trouble of replacing your pistons and doing head work, your engine / setup will be a ticking time bomb. Sorry to sound negative but this is NOT the correct way to do things.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    james dude, i think u've got me confused

i'm gong to do pistons, bearings, pumps, all gaskest LATER...

only doing the top end at the moment for cams/valvetrain....

the bottom end will be rebuilt once it dies and not before then... are u thinking (from wot i reading) that u think i'm doing bttom end as well mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    ok fair enough...
    Yeah I assumed you were doing the bottom end… god knows why I swear I read CTR pistons must be the fact I’m still blind from drinking way to much vodka last night, and having a massive day with hot4s magazine and promo girls at winton !

Yesterday was SUCH a great day, here’s 2 happy snap shoots I took from 100’s others….

Party On !!

Wynode edit: OT pics removed

Regards James
    Last edited by wynode; 30-10-2005 at 02:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    awwwwwwww wyn...

so wot day was it? track day? MCCR day?

so would VAFC be good enough for this build? or should i get the uberdata now

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    James to make new thread with pictures again