Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No difference in air filters, just a clearence issue regarding the automatic equipped models.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Quote Originally Posted by ahcash
    toda one is only for manual though..
    probably just me... I dun like where toda locates the pod filter (too risky and troublesome) but anyway, it is just me..
    You're right, it's just you. The setup is not at all risky or troublesome in the slightest.

Miss Chanel, also remember that the length of the intake pipe needs to be correct otherwise you will see zero (or even negative) gains.

The is a reson why both the Apex'i and TODA are designed the way they are...

Muli has a good design/length as well, but during the testing of the TODA item we saw PLENTY of room for error....my car spent may hours on the dyno to get the maximum gain out of the design.

Just be warned that it isn't an easy process....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Im just gonna take the air box off then keep the standard pipe with the sensor thingy and then put the air filter pod with a pipe on it... is that right?.. thats how i was told newayz.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    If you re-read my post I talked about the length of the piping...get it wrong and you are wasting your time

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    I dont really understand how to adjust the intake pipe length?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chanel
    I dont really understand how to adjust the intake pipe length?
    ...by cutting it at the right length , girl

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    But how do i know where is the right length?.. oh.. i think il just goto a mechanic.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Again, re-read my original post....my car spent hours on a dyno testing all the varying lengths of the pipe to make sure the design achieved maximum performance gains.

Chances are your local mechanic will have NFI what he's doing and for you to carry out the same sort of testing (just paying your local mod shop) will cost hundreds, if not over $1000.

People say the TODA unit is expensive, but really it isn't ...keep in mind that I was without a car for a month just to make sure every Jazz owner gets the maximum gain possible.

Even the Apex'i bolt on kit is good and at around $250 I think it is, is pretty good value.

Adrian can probably also do you a deal on the TODA unit as he is just going to cut them up if no one buys them.

But it's up to....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Thanks Jus,

But to tell you the truth, im not that into the whole performance thing... it will be good if it makes my run car more efficiently but in the end- my friend's giving me a free air filter and i just want to put it on- I dont want to spend extra money on testing and stuff (i'm saving up for 17'gramlights )... but il take what you have said into consideration and get my friend to read it when he comes over to help me fit it on or whatever...

Mags

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I think you have completely mis-understood every single thing I have said, so I will leave it there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Haha.. nah i didnt mis-understand.. i didnt understand lol.

judging from her posts in and out of this thread she couldnt give a rats ass about power, she wants the induction noise. as long as there no cel's and pinging she's fine.

she was given it to her by a friend for FREE i doubt she will fork out more to get a product she wont even be able to tell made a difference. its for shits and giggles right? she'll put it on and be happy with it, just like she was with the fit badge.
    in other words, do what u like but dont expect 50hp
    Last edited by runwaycrackwhore; 02-11-2005 at 05:58 PM.