Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B

[Euro] How much was your 20,000 km service?

Finally I have the time to take my car in for it's 20,000km service. While it's there they gave me a dumb founded look when i told them to look at my 'creaky and loud' clutch - with questions following such as.. where is the noise coming from.. .... ....

which part of 'creaky' and 'loud' 'clutch' did you not understand?

i responded with, the clutch? and look at the master cylinder clutch (which i think went over their head) because i'm still annoyed about my clutch being stuffed up earlier (putting it the most nicest civilised way possible).

$377 for a damn service.. and $99 extra that i wanted for a wheel alignment and balancing..

$377 sounds like a bit to me.. so i'm wondering what everyone else has been charged?

plus they better fix this damn clutch related issue.. it's starting to really wear down on me.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    Man where u getting your car service thats a MAD jacking just booked my car in for 20k service qouted me $255

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Dealership car servicing is like open seasons! Just be glad you're not a girl... :P

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    ugh yeah... damn dealerships... but it's close to work..

i checked the invoice and looks like it's really just labour...

and funny that.. it took them 2 hours to get it done before i got the call..

to me.. that should be 200 bux.. bastards - oh well.

They lubricated the clutch tho.. so it's not creaking anymore.. heh

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Shit man! That's bloody ex! I just booked my car in for it's 12 month 20,000km service. It's $247! Includes wheel rotation and balancing (no alignment). I'll be bringing my own oil, so it'll be slightly cheaper by 30-40 bux. Come to my dealer! They lubed my clutch and when the noise came back, they changed the cylinder.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VirIIx
    ugh yeah... damn dealerships... but it's close to work..

i checked the invoice and looks like it's really just labour...

and funny that.. it took them 2 hours to get it done before i got the call..

to me.. that should be 200 bux.. bastards - oh well.

They lubricated the clutch tho.. so it's not creaking anymore.. heh
    You got totally ripped off. It cost me around $230 excluding engine oil. Including engine oil, it would have been around $260 mark. I complained to the dealer because I thought that was excessive compared to $117 for the 10,000km service.

Don't be too happy with the lubrication as well. Mine came back after a few thousand km. On a happier note, I got my clutch master cylinder replaced today. The gear shift is so much smoother and easier compared to before. It's like driving a totally different car.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    I wasn't in the mood to have a shit fight about anything.. i'll be taking my business elsewhere that's for sure - even if i have to travel further (good excuse to take a day off work )

The lubrication makes the car feel different - i'm so used to the resistance and the creaking.. but when you put the clutch right down you can feel it stick as it releases. I'll give it a few days/weeks.

pos honda..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro

Angry

man it sounds like i got ripped off too , i paid $247 just for the 1st 10,000 k service.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    It always pays to call around for service should always call atleast 3 or 4 places local to you i found prices varied as much as 80-100 dollars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_05Euro
    man it sounds like i got ripped off too , i paid $247 just for the 1st 10,000 k service.
    My 10,000km service was $247 as well. Both 10,000 and 20,000km involves the same procedure. It is the 40,000km service that is more expensive because of valvetrain clearance checks.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    My 10,000km service was $247 as well. Both 10,000 and 20,000km involves the same procedure. It is the 40,000km service that is more expensive because of valvetrain clearance checks.
    I don't think my Euro will last for the 40,000km service

and the feel of the creaking has come back already... no noise yet..

absolutely hopeless.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just got my car back from the 20,000km service. Cost me $198 with my own oil. The only downside I can see is that they use clip on weights to balance the 16" wheels. So there is scratching where it is put on and taken off.