Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Turbo setup in sydney

Whats a good place in Sydney to get a decent custom turbo setup on my Honda? They must know how to tune properly as well.

I'm also thinking of getting an AVO kit and getting it fitted, but need someone to tune it over here?

Any suggestions from the people who have done it or know of such.

I'm thinking Croydon but they are very $$$

Cheers, Paul.

Mods, I have done a search, Ive read the many FI pages over the following months.

Gathered helpful info there, but I need a more direct answer.

Just letting you know guys!

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    any major workshop, or any performance workshop worth there weight can do u a turbo setup. If u want a kit and DIY, order a greddy or revhard or edelbrock from the US (depending on ur car).
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    any major workshop, or any performance workshop worth there weight can do u a turbo setup. If u want a kit and DIY, order a greddy or revhard or edelbrock from the US (depending on ur car).
    how much would a Greddy turbo kit for a 94 civic VTi cost? incl buying and sending to sydney?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Mine cost me $2300 imported, back a couple of years ago. Just get friendly with some US guys and they will help ui out
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    I'll give Adrian @ Toda racing Australia a plug, he can help you from start to finish incl tuning and has seen many different turbo kits come and go.

Depends how far your wanting to go with your set-up, bolt on or are you talking full rebuild to suit ect?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    what honda do you drive conan??

i still say to hell with kits... custom is the way!

Quote Originally Posted by CONAN
    I'm thinking Croydon but they are very $$$
    Never had a good impression of CAS...twice I've gone there to get quotes, twice I've been given the crap attitude. The last time, only a couple of months back, he gave me such a ridiculous quote and a couldn't care less attitude like I was an idiot.

I took my money elsewhere. I would recommend Adrian at Toda instead and they've done fantastic work with a no bull attitude.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i jus want a kit to bolt-on and be safe to use daily witjout blowing the motor... at the start, dont need more then 10psi to start with till i can afford to do the internals and such... will a kit like that at around 7psi.. am i capable of getting 120kw atw? or is that too hopeful from this sort of kit?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift
    ive been trying to get a Greddy turbo kit for some time now from the US. It's not as easy as u think it is.. simply, they dunt accept paypal (safe way) from international buyers, they require you to pay by western union, money transfer etc, which is very risky and a good chance of not getting your money back if you lose it. unless your willing to risk $2000AUD+, up to you.. Advan Performance can import Greddy kits for bout $4000.. BUT, If you really want you can get a whole SSautochrome turbo kit for any Honda from the US for $1000AUD shipped, Hahahaha, but thats up to yo! buy that POS at your own risk..
    I think to be honest buying parts seperatley will be better and more fun, you'd probably either spend less or more than buying a kit, depending on how good you are, jus look at ebay theres heaps of the good and the bad in there..
    Last edited by VTC-8OY; 31-10-2005 at 10:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift
    Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i
    how much would a Greddy turbo kit for a 94 civic VTi cost? incl buying and sending to sydney?
    $2100AUD man including s&h from the US, dunoo bout customs though, sure you'll end up payin bit more..

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    only the first 200$ doesnt incurr customs duty. i paid 150 for an item that costed 350US so expect to get slugged hard.