Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2003 Gli
    Okay firstly I'd just like to say it's just an idea of mine that I'd like to do an engine swap to give my 2003 Civic Gli a lil more power, as you would all know they are quite slow even in manual!

So I was wondering if it is possible that an Integra K20A engine would fit? I'm guessing this engine is a 2.0L VTEC engine from the latest Integra's?

And also how I would go about sourcing either a brand new engine or as new (~20,000km or less) to do this.

Any help would be greatly apprecieated as I'm not really sure where to start :-)

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Hey dude

I am not sure which way the civic engines rotate, but I suspect you will have to put the engine on the opposite side of the car as the K'series engines are clockwise and I think the civic engines are still anticlickwise. If so, it means a lot of engine bay suffling. A K-series engine will cost you a BOMB anyways, and you would be better off with a Halfcut, although you wouldn't need the wiring loom, as you could just use a Hondata. I would suspect you would want more than just horsepower, you'd also need some bigger brakes, so a halcut would be a better option - but no change from say, $15,000 for the halfcut - don't expect a conversion to be less than $20,000 all done

sorri to be noob but hondata??

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    ECU

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    2003 r's are EP's arint they?

dont they have the same mounts as the K serise?
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    I don't think our Aussie models are... we get them bum, bottom of the line model 4 and 5 doors, and only the EP3 HATCH has a K20

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2003 Gli
    In reading your above responses, what VTEC engine would pretty much drop straight into the engine bay of a 2003 Civic? Looking at a 1.8L engine or even 2.0L if possible?

I'm hoping some kinda of Integra engine will go in there?

And $20,000? Would that be everything including ECU, brakes & exhaust?

What engine could I drop in there for around $10,000-$15,000?

Or on the other hand I could turbo the current engine (only 88kW flywheel), anyone have an idea of approx cost for that?

Thanks guys & sorry to be annoying :?

Member Array
    The EP Civic Vi's are D series.... not K series....

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Yeah, so you would be looking at a B20b/16b (CRV-TEC) or a B18C

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    Quote Originally Posted by N4CER
    In reading your above responses, what VTEC engine would pretty much drop straight into the engine bay of a 2003 Civic? Looking at a 1.8L engine or even 2.0L if possible?

I'm hoping some kinda of Integra engine will go in there?

And $20,000? Would that be everything including ECU, brakes & exhaust?

Or on the other hand I could turbo the current engine (only 88kW flywheel), anyone have an idea of approx cost for that?

farkkk that's a lot of money...

u can do alot of stuff with that money...

if ur engine is a D serise..

u'll need custom mounts and stuff etC which will cost u a bit

then u got another option of dropping a b serise engine

10-15g's will b enuff...including exhasut and ECU and so on..
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Much cheaper to do a Bseries conversion than to do a K series conversion

Quote Originally Posted by N4CER

Go the turbo option. You are obviously after more power, and after spending upto $15k on an N/A conversion i don't think you will be as happy with the results as you would with a turbo. (just my opinion). I don't know of many people that have done conversions on the 2003 Civic, and personally think you will have too many headaches (especially if you want to drop in a B18C or K-series engine).

I assume your car is manual? If yes, you got nothing to worry about if you want to boost it. Why? Cause it's manual (not auto!) and it's easy to turbo SOHC engines, in fact, it's probably in your favour you have a SOHC and not a DOHC VTEC.

On the budget above ($10-15k) you can get a killer turbo setup. That is a full custom kit with upgraded clutch etc etc and i guarantee you that you will be far happier with the money spent.

There are quite a few turbo Honda's going around here in Melbourne, and quite a few of those built by A.C.S. Engineering. They do top work and can build you an awesome turbo engine. If you want to talk to them just send A.C.S. Drag a PM and he will take care of you.

Adrian at Razztech also builds turbo Honda's, he built James' Del Sol (BLKCRX) and that is running in the 10's at the moment.

Turbo Honda's are fun and if you are after performance and street cred you will get all that with a turbo Honda. People will wonder where the **** you came from. Trust me.