Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Team Aguri Suzuki Honda?

Official announcement should come soon im guessin...

[01/11/05 - 08:49]

Team Aguri Suzuki Honda?
    Honda's second team on the way...

Aguri Suzuki ran Hosuke Matsuura in IndyCar
    Japanese driver Takuma Sato is expected to join a new Formula One team to be sponsored mainly by Japanese Internet firm Softbank with engines supplied by Honda Motor, a news report said Tuesday.

The team, which will join Formula One from next season, will be led by former F1 driver Aguri Suzuki of Japan and include Sato, the Yomiuri Shimbun said.

Suzuki's office said in a statement he would hold a press conference at Honda's headquarters in Tokyo, but officials were not available for immediate comment.

A Honda Motor spokesman in Tokyo said the automaker had no knowledge of the reported developments.

Sato was dropped by BAR Honda last season, but said he has received an offer from a team making a bid to join the competition.

Suzuki was involved in recent years in the IRL IndyCar series with Adrian Fernandez and Honda.

E.A.
    Source AFP
    Last edited by ^^v; 01-11-2005 at 08:02 PM.

and here it is.....

Honda 'b' team latest

The expected announcement of the long-rumoured Honda 'b' team came this morning with the confirmation in a press conference in Tokyo that 'Super Aguri Formula One' has submitted an entry to the 2006 season.

With former f1 driver and Japanese-series team owner Aguri Suzuki at the helm, the team, however, faces a fierce struggle to compete next year.

Although deals are in place for Honda engines and Bridgestone tyres, the new team would almost certainly be unable to design and build a new chassis in time for the 2006 season. It has long been thought they would use 'customer' versions of the new BAR008, but the Concorde Agreement would make this very difficult to do.

"There is little else we can do without Honda's assistance" Suzuki explained "as far as the chassis is concerned we can not compete without help from Honda and BAR."

Suzuki explained that the application had been lodged last week, but a formal entry would not be granted until, at the earliest, January.

The team will run from the old Arrows/TWR facility at Leafield in Oxfordshire, UK, as expected.

No mention was made of the financial backers of the outfit although Suzuki did venture that a budget in F1 'is never enough'.

As for drivers, mention was made that negotiations are taking place with ex-BAR man and Honda favourite Takuma Sato, while Anthony Davidson has been strongly tipped for the second seat.

Written: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 09:25:49
    EDIT:
    instead of making new posts... decided to add to this one...

[01/11/05 - 10:55]

Suzuki announces new Formula One team
    Super Aguri Honda files F1 entry with the FIA

A new venture for Aguri Suzuki in Formula One
    Former Japanese star driver Aguri Suzuki announced Tuesday he would lead a new Formula One team next season with engines supplied by Honda. Suzuki, 45, said his "Super Aguri Formula 1" had submitted an entry form to the FIA last week.

"I'm filled with the desire to hoist Japan's flag on the podium as a constructor or team," Suzuki, who became in 1990 the first Japanese to score a podium finish in a World Championship round, said. "I have joined many races. If I look at them as mountains, F1 is like climbing Mount Everest. No one knows what will be waiting for us ahead ... but I will do my best," he said.

The team will be based in Langley in Oxfordshire in Britain and use the factory of disbanded Arrows team.

"We will use Honda V8 engines but the drivers are undecided," Suzuki told a news conference at Honda headquarters in Tokyo.

Suzuki said Japanese driver Takuma Sato, who was dropped by the BAR Honda team last season, could be one of the drivers. "We are in talks with Mr Takuma Sato and are also negotiating with several other drivers," he said.

Suzuki said the team was also negotiating with possible sponsors as "F1 is a world in which you can never have enough money."

Asked about news reports that Japanese Internet firm Softbank would provide financing, he said: "I would be grateful if such a major, wonderful company becomes our sponsor."

Suzuki also said he wanted to ask Bridgestone to supply tires. Further details of the team will be announced between late January and early February, he said.

While the team has Honda backing, Suzuki denied it was the Japanese automaker's second team, saying Super Aguri Formula 1 was original. Honda will own the BAR Honda team outright next year.

E.A.
    Source AFP
    Last edited by ^^v; 01-11-2005 at 11:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    excited about the team.... not so keen on the muppet Sato being back on the track... demolition derby is more his game

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    I dont see why drivers that can compromise the safety and performance of others on the track should be allowed to be on the top level of motor sport.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    cos he is japanese and its good PR and advertising for Honda Japan to have a Japanese Driver.... it sells tickets, brings followers, generates cash

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    even if he sucks?.. wow.. ud think that ppl that followed motor sport would know better.. but guess not.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Honda B Team lol, haha now Honda can compare the Bridgestone and Michelin tyres. Plus the advantage of doing double testing.

I would only sign Sato for a year, if he drives like shit just kick him out.
    too many chances for him. Wonder how Anothony Davidson would go?

awesome, hope they do well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    he (sato) wasnt that bad in 2004.. was pretty good actually in 2004
    he piece of crap in 2005 though

"Team Aguri Suzuki Honda"
    sounds like Suzuki - Honda car manufacturers joint venture...

i reckz this will be Sato's last chance (thats if he gets the seat in the first place...)...
    if he dun shape up in '06... game over...

herez a pic of Aguri
    dun wanan point out the obvious.. but he dun look lik ur typical jap... :P

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    bet all the drivers are scared once again. satos back for more accidents

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Aguri is an ex F1 driver, i think he raced for Tyrrel?

Very cool, but i thought customer chassis were still banned? or have i missed some rule changes (there's so many, i lose track). As for drivers, i think they need to bring in an experienced driver to run with a young guy, someone who is very good at testing and development work (i.e. poach one of the bigger teams experienced test drivers).
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!