Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport

legends - coupe and sedan

Hey guys to those of you with experience with the second generation legends (91-95 or 96 or something?) - i'm wanting to sell my car and upgrade to something really big and comfy. I've owned an accord before, i well off from having a family and buying an oddysey so if i wanted to stick with the big H, i'd be thinking about one of these. Just wondering if anyone can share experiences/info as to the pros/cons and differences of the sedan to the coupe. i understand the coupe is wider and has a shorter wheelbase...

i'm not too fussed about differences in performance/handling etc....more interested in the logistics and practicalities of owning either one?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    KA7 Legend
    Hi djgarv,
    I been a legend owner for over a year, and can't find fault with them. They are big, comfy and have power when you need it. What else is out there for similar price with all the extra aye! Just be aware to buy one that has been regularly serviced. The only problem I had was the tape player won't work, but hey, never use it anyway as has 6 cd stacker in boot.

It depends on you needs, if you have big family and regularly go out together I would get a sedan, but if you want something that is sporty and you don't mind the kids climbing over the frt seats all the time then get a coupe. If you want stats check out www.acura.legend.com , i'm sure the guys would love to help you.
    Last edited by LegendYeh; 08-11-2005 at 01:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    lol thanks. i am very far off from having a family...but just feel the need to move away from the little pocket rockets and move onto something that is comfy and, like u said, have power when needed. atm i'm thinking about the coupe...or maybe something european, like an A4...only thing i'm concerned with with the legend is fuel consumption...how many kms do you usually get out of one tank?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    KA7 Legend
    it depends on how heavy your foot is. If you like speed then unfortunately they are thirsty, but if you are light (I just cruise round) I have been getting approx 24mpg round city and 27mpg on long runs.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    that's not too bad i guess. too bad the coupe doesn't come in manual in australia. though i guess fuel prices are only gonna go up from here. how is rear passenger room in the coupe?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    KA7 Legend
    I don't think it's too bad, but it may pay to ask someone on the acura.legend.com site, as I have only checked out one coupe same year as mine, but that did seem ok.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    i think i've made up my mind to get an audi a4 1.8 turbo...or 2.6 v6 instead

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    well if your gettin an audi..
    i would suggest the 2.4 v6.
    as i've driven the 2.6 and the 2.4.. and a few of each as well.
    and the 2.4 has much more grunt than the 2.6
    test if yourself.
    my brother also said the same thing, that's why he chose the 2.4 v6
    great car in my opinion. =)
    but.. parts are costly.

Member Array
    Car:
    '91 Legend Coupe
    I own a g2 coupe, rear room is certainly doable, I only have to move my drivers seat a tad further forward than normal to accomodate someone in the back and im not a shortass @ 6ft.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    Hi,
    my good friend used to own a 94 legend sedan, he says it feels like a rwd, but dont quote me. Also he had to get a new engine because it screwed up (too much thrashing) brang it into honda. and about 3 months later and $5000-6000 its fixed..
    :O
    its a very nice car though

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    Quote Originally Posted by FEI_STi_REX
    umm.. just letting you know all Legend's are RWD in this time span looking at models '91 [/url
    ummmmm dude your wrong, NO legends are RWD

they are all FWD.

DJGARV,

DHDEVIL ^ has a 94 Legend, apart from looking & sound hot with pretty damn good performance, it is awesomely luxurious, factory standards like sunroof, electric seats, stacker, leathers all round the list goes on, but most importantly THE REAR SEATS ELECTRICLY RECLINE!

Talk to him more about specifics I guess if you do look back at them, for now here is a pic