Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
    Let me remind everyone here the point of the "reputation system"

The Post Quality (PQ) system is used to rate posts as either 'Good" or "Poor" based on its content in terms of accuracy and helpfullness to the thread starter.
    The good thing about it is that you can see which users know what they are talking about as opposed to those who don't, based on how many 'blocks' of PQ points they have.
    Its by the people , for the people. Generally those that are more helpful have more rep and thus rep power.Its not reason to feel elitist , and the same goes for people who have little or get neg repped for something - dont take it to heart !

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    so how is it anyones right on here to judge whether or not what someone else has posted is helpful to the thread starter?

If that were the case Benn, the only person who could neg rep me in that thread would be the OP, since they are the only individual who can judge whether my input was helpful or not... My post was accurate, because i have been where the OP was at in terms of skill... the beg rep was a judgement on how i prefer to express myself, not on the accuracy of my contribution...

under this ideology i can neg rep for any post I FEEL is not helpful to the OP, and no mod has any right to infract or warn me for it, because it is objective and based on my opinion...

anyway im not going to waste anymore of anyones time... it's just ****ing bullshit in my opinion...

its not about a stupid green block or my rep on an internet site it's the ****ing principle...

i can see why this thread os so long, and wish i could offer an opinion on how to fix it... oh well....

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    **** it's sad that i've only had the time to post a handful of times in the last fortnight and this has been the most i've been able to contribute

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I've received 1 positive reputation from a member. Can I get 1 quality post count?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by englee View Post
    I've received 1 positive reputation from a member. Can I get 1 quality post count?
    No you can't because the guy who gave it to you didn't have enough points.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Ah I see. Oh well....

Aiks....woohoo...I got 1 point. Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Accord Euro 5AT
    I'm not too sure about posts I made in various threads are either helpful to other users or not. The only positive rep I got was when I posted up the DIY Glass cleaning thread acknowledging one of the users - and I got the very first rep from him... oh well
    Last edited by IVTECS4; 11-07-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    so let me get this straight....

I started a thread and asked a question to which two members responded with the same answer..... when I actually went to the effort and spent time and money, they were both wrong in their information regarding my thread....

are they supposed to get a neg rep point then.... and if so, can people neg point you for no reason?????

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    yes u can neg rep them
    but then again its up to u to take some judgement
    u cannot neg rep no one for no reason
    if it does happen
    pm a moderator
    and they will deal with it
    its happened to me a couple of times.
    good luck chief.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    benjamin gave me a neg rep for wrong info ...FLY gave me a neg for useless post although I think my post is very contributive and informative.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    yeh you get that... its all completely interpretive and based on what the individual thinks is useful/useless, even though it is suppose to be based on what the OP finds useful/useless... just do what you want dude, it doesnt matter anyway... because "you get more positive than negative rep".

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marky53 View Post
    so let me get this straight....

.... and if so, can people neg point you for no reason?????
    No. That is abusing the system. If it happens........PM a moderator.

Just FYI.........if you aren't sure whether you should +.ve rep or -.ve rep a person.......then don't do anything.

If in doubt.......sit on the fence. Ie only give a rep point / PQ point if you are are certain the post deserves one (either positive or negative).
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq