Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you are here just to browse, then why does this affect you so much?
    affect me so much? you shouldnt assume. Furthermore, dont try make this about me - youre missing the point
    Last edited by ProECU; 18-02-2008 at 10:08 PM.

I think my knowledge of Honda's far exceeds many on this forum.

but its useless making a helpful post cos its just on deaf ears as myself with no green blocks am not heard as much as others with much less knowledge and many green blocks.

i see some things posted by ppl with many green blocks to be utter bullshit

/end rant

thanks

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post

but its useless making a helpful post cos its just on deaf ears as myself with no green blocks am not heard as much as others with much less knowledge and many green blocks.

/end rant

thanks
    people like aarong?

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    i actually find aarong 2 be one of the most useful mods on this forum. i could name at least 5 others who have 100th of the knowledge he does.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    There is a thread or two in the site discussion forum where I have explained the reasoning behind the PQ points system.

The other option is ti get rid of the green dots and the points so that people aren't too focussed on it.

A quick history (again):
    1. People were just signing up to sell things and not contributing to the forum / helping others out
    2. We then put a post count restriction. This resulted in people just posting to get their post count up (ie with silly replies)
    3. We then introduced a post count and time restriction. This still didn't address the problem of people not contributing / helping others out
    4. Hence why the PQ points system was brought in. It basically meant that you had to be a member for a short period of time AND help another user out in return for being able to buy / sell. A small 'price' to pay given that the For sale forum is only for private use.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post

/end rant

thanks
    u call me young and immature

so u mr old, should know that one persons opinion can be hated by some and agreed with by some others

so wen u see something posted that u thought was bs, that doesnt mean every1 else thought it was 2

and if it really was that bad, then u can pm the member or neg rep the post

simple

Quote Originally Posted by ProECU View Post
    people like aarong?
    wow, wat an intelligent mature response

well done
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

^^^^^^
    As everyone has said, it may not be perfect and it may not work for some people, but until somone comes up with an idea to replace it just get used to this system kids!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    lol it does work. Your green bar grows depending on the number of points you have.
    You have a big green bar
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU View Post
    people like aarong?
    I don't ask for the points to be given to me. I just try to help out and give info that I know. I have given wrong info and do have the -ve rep as well. I have also been put in my place by JohnL over the suspension debate. Green boxes don't show how smart/knowledgeable a person is. But the bottomline is that people give rep for help that solves their problem and not because you know good info.

I'm sure you know 100x more than me, especially with regards to tuning, ECU, engine, suspension, heck you probably know a lot more on everything than I do. The difference is that I don't take the piss at people who ask stupid and simple questions. I just try to help them to get their car/install running again. That is where I get the points from. I don't do it for the points, I do it because I know the frustration of working in the blind without any help. Just like how I don't like working without basic info or guides, I try to help so that others are not in the same situation.

In fact, it should be called Helpful Points instead of PQ points.
    Last edited by aaronng; 19-02-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The difference is that I don't take the piss at people who ask stupid and simple questions. I just try to help them to get their car/install running again.
    This may be the case - however I can show you a dozen examples where you intentionally provoke and belittle people (me in a few cases) by twisting their words or insinuating a different meaning to what was intended.

you either do it intentionally or just dont have the brains to realise you do it. So which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    In fact, it should be called Helpful Points instead of PQ points.

Totally agree. Or "happy points".

BTW Evan and others , make points but keep the spam out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    i feel bad, i have been on here for nearly 2 years and still have tiny green bar.. damnit.. people ask my Q's i can help you with

I likes the system.. but seems not much Repping happens any more :s or maybe I just suck
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Dray_Templar View Post
    I likes the system.. but seems not much Repping happens any more :s or maybe I just suck
    True, Ive noticed repping has gone down hill lately as well. I havent received any from Mods for a while, only the occasional user - most of them with no rep points to give
    .© ♪