Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    good stuff,

glad it worked out for you

Please some help: couldnt find anything that had MITSUBA written on it, but found a box with ME22 on it. Looked similar, so took that out and resoldered the joints, but now it's not starting at all - the starter motor just keeps going.

Did I do wrong? :|

I'm a ****n electrical n00b
    Last edited by Klayemore; 04-08-2007 at 09:32 PM.
    The CSS Gallery List - Website Submission Made Easier

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Take some pics of what box u worked on & what u did to it.

Is your fuel pump priming for 2 secs when u turn on the ignition?

See if u have power to the injectors when ign turned on.

Damn. I just found the Main relay box after ****ing around with that other thing. Don't have a cam to take pics, but its around the same size as the main realy, 6 connectors and fixed by a plastic clip under the steering rack. Has 'ME 22' printed on it.

The fuel pump stopped priming sometimes, which made me think it was the main relay, but now I'm not sure WTF i just did to the other box :|

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Think the other box your talkin about is connected to the heater control panel.

Main relay in the gen 2 is directly above the hood latch lever in a little hole that is a bitch to get it out of. It has a seven pin connector.

Well then that's OK. Aslong as it's nothing important.

Took out the main relay and resoldered, but fuel pump is still not turning on. I turn the key and the starter motor just keeps going. Will try to start it again in the morning. If that doesn't work then I have no idea what I'm going to do :S

Thanks for your help.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    I assume uve checked the ECU fuse (15A) in the engine bay fuse box & also the number 14 (10A fuel pump) fuse under the dash?

If fuses ok,try taking out the main relay & bridging the black/yellow wire(No 14 fuse power) to the yellow/black wire(fuel pump) in the connector,u should hear the fuel pump come on then,with key turned on of course.

If fuel pump ok,then try spraying the main relay out with some contact cleaner.

My main relay died after an engine swap,think it was cos it was sitting around unused for a while,I tried swapping it with a DC2 one i got in the halfcut & it was dead too,think they dont like being unused for too long.
    Both relays came good with some resoldering & contact cleaner though.

OK I took out and checked all the fuses... turned the key and the fuel pump came on, started the car fine. after I turned it off and tried to start it again, the pump doesn't come on again!

Do you mean to bridge the wires at the actual connector? Or by soldering them inside the relay. And there are like 3 or 4 'yellow/black' wires :S Which one is the fuel pump?
    Last edited by Klayemore; 05-08-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Bridge them out at the connector with a spare bit of wire,just to see the fuel pump works reliably,then u know where the prob lies.

Its the yellow/black wire thats by itself as in the pic below on the top right hand corner of the connector.Bridge that to the black/yellow wires.

Thanks man. OK I bridged them both to the connectors with some wire and still the fuel pump won't come on.

This is really gettin to me - should I just buy a new relay? It seems to work after I leave it for a few hours then start it again.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    The pump should come on when u bridge it out,are u sure u had the ign key turned on when u did it,otherwise your fuel pump is stuffed.

The symptoms of starting after u leave it for a while suggest a relay problem,but just check your pump again to make sure & check your bridging the right wires(should be the top 2 pins on the right in the pic i posted) & make sure key turned on.

Also check with key turned on u are getting 12V on the black/yellow wires,if not then it is an ign key switch problem.

Lol man as I said I'm an electrical n00b. the pump is a brand new walbro so I really don't think it's that.

I may not have bridged them properly - just got some wire stripped at both ends and pushed it into the connectors, then turned the ignition on. No pump sound.

"The symptoms of starting after u leave it for a while suggest a relay problem." that's happened ever since I bought it when I start and stop it a fair few times a day - especially in hot weather. I'll just buy another relay and see if that fixes things I guess.

Cheers for your help anyways. +1 rep! EDIT: argh I can't give you rep until i 'spread some around'