Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    If its a HP walbro pump,they can put a lot more load on the main relay than a stock pump.

I actually put another relay on my HP walbro & the main relay controls that second relay to take the load off the main relay.Could be worth looking into if u get further probs with the new relay.

does anyone know where the relay is for a 94 JDM Prelude SiVtec,

is it this?

as in the thing with all the wires connected to?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    I remember the main relay being on the passengers side floorwell for the 94 Preludes, have a good look, pull the carpet back, you may even have to remove the kick pannel cover.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 21-09-2018 at 08:16 AM.

I'll have a look thanks... I just unbolted some random thing that looked like the relay, pulled it out and it read switch connector or something, can't remember.. lol... I'll try looking for it on the passenger side. thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Gen3 CRX / Del Sol / EG2 has it located behind the fuse box to the right under the dash. Pain int he arse to remove.. Good Luck!!!

This fixed it ECU-MAN... and i thought i needed a pump... sorry but can't rep you for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    slightly off-topic question... which of the contacts on there can I wire a kill switch to?
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    slightly off-topic question... which of the contacts on there can I wire a kill switch to?
    2 best ones would be either the black/yellow,main power input to the relay or the yellow/green fuel pump output.

make sure u use a good 10-15A switch,prob err towards 15A for longevity of the contacts if your gonna switch the wire direct without a relay.

fuel pump wire u can hide the switch behind your seat somewhere,away from the obvious underdash positions.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    yellow = +
    green = -
    ?

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    yellow = +
    green = -
    ?
    yellow/green = yellow wire with green stripe.

could be different colours for your car,so just research the correct wire if in doubt,or ask

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    2 best ones would be either the black/yellow,main power input to the relay or the yellow/green fuel pump output.

make sure u use a good 10-15A switch,prob err towards 15A for longevity of the contacts if your gonna switch the wire direct without a relay.

fuel pump wire u can hide the switch behind your seat somewhere,away from the obvious underdash positions.
    thanks matey!! gonna do that today relay one today...

i actually did the fuel pump yesterday too... i cut all 5 wires at the actual pump one at a time trying to figure out which would kill the pump and it was the last one i did.. the thicker yellow/green one you mentioned

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    yellow/green = yellow wire with green stripe.

could be different colours for your car,so just research the correct wire if in doubt,or ask
    just in case he needs to know too, the other 4 wires at the pump are (and i don't know what they do as none of them affected the pump or sender/gauge when cutting)
    - Black
    - Black/White
    - Yellow
    - Green/Red

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Geez,I read that wrong didn't I...
    Ok,so
    - 15A switch mounted and hidden.
    - Then run a + and - cable from the PGMFI to the switch.That's it?

I just have to find which wire is + and -
    )n my 96Ek1 Civic the PGMFI is behind the glovebox in the corner