Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Yep, B16A retainers = EK9 = every other Bseries vtec motor (im fairly sure). Have you searched on Honda-Tech? Heaps and heaps of info about CTR cams in a b16a and other issues surrounding it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks for all the help... honda-tech hard to search for some reason but i've tried thanks

just wondering, wot power kw did u make at 8500rpm? (if u dont wanna post it here pm me) and wot mods?

i should have gone the recaros instead of the cams lol... htis is really hassling me that i need a new ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    CTR cam’s work very nicely in the b16 engine you will find plenty of people running them, typically on a b16 engine with STOCK retainers and upgraded valve springs using CTR cams the rev limit is set to 9000rpm, these cams make power very nicely up to 8600rpm then drop off power.
    Stock retainers are good for 10,000rpm over 10,000rpm and you should look at replacing them to lighten the valve train. Professional tuning is the key.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks for that james, first positive thing i've heard all day

would the bottom end hold up to 9000rpm tho? obviously valve train is a weakest link, but wot will bearings and rod bolts

and post some pics of those chicks u had b4 (we'll all get a look before the mods delete them)

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    The stock bottom end should hold up with no problems with 9000rpm assuming everything is in good order, but I can’t comment on your setup as iv never seen it. If something isn’t perfect, it will break, and it will cause catastrophic damage at any engine RPM. Remember the b16 engine has a very good rod stroke ratio so it likes to rev. having said that though just reving the engine harder doesn’t make power unless its tuned correctly by a professional.

Meh as for Chics there always around thats part of racing girls n car's always go hand in hand ill tune the girls just as hard as i tune the cars...

Regards James

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Ghost,
    be very careful of internet mech's & self proclaimed professionals.

I wouldn't be operating a B16A into the realm of the B16B (9000rpm) regardless of camming for a variety of reasons.

a) 7mm extra rod length of the B16B, gives around a 1.8r/s ratio compared to 1.74 of a stock b16a.
    Have you ever seen the B16B rods, they are designed to reduce reciprocating mass. They are VERY different to the stock B16A rod!

b) Stock rod bolts & Stock Rods at that operating rpm range - Material stretch & quench clearance issues start to become a factor.

c) B16B crankshaft although displaces the same volume, is different in design & finish to the B16A.

This is a model I built YEARS ago, which turned up on a technical resource recently.
    http://www.natesbox.com/tuning/Evans...al%20Model.xls
    It models piston velocity & acceleration.

Then again, Honda tend to overengineer everything.

Take a look at it and then rethink your redline.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by ProECU; 07-11-2005 at 06:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    evan thanks for the help, but i have no idea how to use ur spreadsheet

me noob...

so wot do YOU recommend my redline to be consdiering i've upgraded valvesprings>? 8200 b16a standard?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Work out where Torque starts to drop off and go about 200rpm over, depending on gearing.

There is no point (aside from gearing) in revving much further past this point & stressing the engine just becuase it sounds cool.
    Last edited by ProECU; 07-11-2005 at 06:41 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG
    I wouldn't go past about 8500rpm with a B series with the std rods, upgrade your rod bolts and all will be ok.. when upgrading your valvetrain upgrade all the parts.. I have seen plenty of retainers break and cause alot of damage..

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    so wot do YOU recommend my redline to be consdiering i've upgraded valvesprings>? 8200 b16a standard?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    Work out where Torque starts to drop off and go about 200rpm over, depending on gearing.
    Get your car on a dyno and have a look at your torque curve

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    i'll post results on thursday