Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic

stock 99 cxi civic engine

whats the stock engine in the 99 cxi civic?
    can some give some specs on it, just need to do some research being a previous bigger car owner i know next to nothing about these engines
    thanks
    jaz

SEARCH is you friend

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30977

its alredy been covered off hundreds of times.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    sweet, thanks for that
    so iv got the D16Y4

what are some good cheap mods to get some more KW out of this, looking for get it up to 130Kw without spending too much money, already looking at things like exhaust, extractors and CAI in the next month which should get me up to about 115kw or so.

and also what engines are a direct swap for this and how much would i be looking at for these engines?

cheers
    jaz

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by 99civic
    sweet, thanks for that
    so iv got the D16Y4

what are some good cheap mods to get some more KW out of this, looking for get it up to 130Kw without spending too much money, already looking at things like exhaust, extractors and CAI in the next month which should get me up to about 115kw or so.

and also what engines are a direct swap for this and how much would i be looking at for these engines?

cheers
    jaz
    Mate if u tryin to get 130kw from a stock cxi engine which comes 88kw good luck, engine u can swap from b-k series now budget looking around 7-11k depends

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    If you're talking power at the wheels, that would be almost impossible unless you are willing to spend a crazy amount of money.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    nah not at the wheels ill be happy with 130kw at the flywheel or engine. On calculations from previous cars the straight through exhaust should get me to about 100kw, then extractors to about 108kw and CAI with K&N panel (maybe pod) to about 115kw. Thats my calculations anyways, and i was thinking about after market ECU which should bring me to 120kw, just need to get another 10kw to reach my goal or 130kw. I dont want an out and out race machine just something i can waste most 4 cylinder cars at the lights with even though it already does that with most of them stock
    thanks
    jaz

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    sorry mate but you wont get an extra 27kw at the engine from just doing intake, extractors and exhaust. thats a good 30% gain. try half that if you get a REALLY good setup.
    you said you owned bigger cars - the same expected gains arent going to be had with smaller engines. honda engines are very efficient already and gains arent made so easily.
    while with larger engines ei: gen3's, even a lot of V6's your expectations may be realistic but not in this case.
    to chase the power figures you're after you'd be looking at either a turbo kit, a hell of a lot of work - basically a "full house" engine or an engine swap.
    i think in your case an engine swap would be the go. a B18C from an integra Vtir already produces 125kw. with a the mods your looking on that engine at you will eclipse your 130kw goal
    Last edited by sivic; 10-11-2005 at 11:24 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by sivic
    sorry mate but you wont get an extra 27kw at the engine from just doing intake, extractors and exhaust. thats a good 30% gain. try half that if you get a REALLY good setup.
    you said you owned bigger cars - the same expected gains arent going to be had with smaller engines. honda engines are very efficient already and gains arent made so easily.
    while with larger engines ei: gen3's, even a lot of V6's your expectations may be realistic but not in this case.
    to chase the power figures you're after you'd be looking at either a turbo kit, a hell of a lot of work - basically a "full house" engine or an engine swap.
    i think in your case an engine swap would be the go. a B18C from an integra Vtir already produces 125kw. with a the mods your looking on that engine at you will eclipse your 130kw goal
    yeh that prob sounds right, oh well i might try the exhaust and CAI for now and then extractors to get it to 100kw at least then might look at an engine swap down the track as only got $1K budget for engine mods at the moment as i will be spending money on rims, body kit and spray job and lets not even mention audio costs.
    thanks anyways mate
    jaz

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    yeah just do the I/H/E for the time being. you will notice a difference.
    theres a few value for money headers in the traders section. underground import has xforce ones for a decent price. then for your engine 2" mandrel bent exhaust will be the go.
    plenty of intakes around to pick from.
    if i could also suggest a decent suspension setup works absolute wonders on a civic. decent shocks and springs along with a rear swaybar to start with

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by sivic
    yeah just do the I/H/E for the time being. you will notice a difference.
    theres a few value for money headers in the traders section. underground import has xforce ones for a decent price. then for your engine 2" mandrel bent exhaust will be the go.
    plenty of intakes around to pick from.
    if i could also suggest a decent suspension setup works absolute wonders on a civic. decent shocks and springs along with a rear swaybar to start with
    yeh iv got some coil overs coming in the new yr at a great price, just waiting for some more funds
    cheers mate ill check the traders section now i think
    jaz

99civic, did you finally get everything done and dyno ur car? i'm about to do the same and wondering how much gain u get from upgrading ur exhaust and cai

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    nah havnt had the chance to do any of these mods yet have been flat out with uni, hoping to get an exhaust in the next couple of weeks though and see how that goes

cheers
    jaz