Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

B18B1 upgrades...

hey all u hondacats!

currently have a 00 dc4 teg running the b18b1 engine. now, have k/n pod, xforce headers, 2.25 mild steel exhaust into a cylindrical magnaflow s/s muffler. butttt i want more.... has anyone done more to their engine, and what gains have u received? no boosting and no supercharging replies thanks i'd like to keep it n/a.....

my second question is i have halo/angel projectors... have had them on for like 3 weeks since bris autosalon and one of the halos has shat itself already.... is there a fix for them?? ....

cheers in advance.
    Dave.
    R.I.P Ben Clements 16/12/84 - 08/12/06 A soldier for life. Rest in peace brother you will never be forgotten

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Maybe ECU, and or CAI.
    Since you have a GSI, if you chasing power then either turbo or do and engine transplant...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    If you want power i would say do an all motor build up, so id say get sum nice street cams like crower 403's, then upgrade valve springs, retainers etc. then get some p30 pistons out of a b16a im pretty sure; these have a high compression and are relatively cheap and if im not mistaken will fit on the ends of your stock rods. Then get your crank balanced and build it up. I know ive missed some stuff that u may need, but if your serious about power, get high comp pistons and some decent cams and all the goodies to go with them and then build your motor and dont forget to upgrade the ecu aswell to get the max out of the setup. This isnt all that cheap but with the right setup you could easily keep up with vtec's
    Last edited by crispy; 11-11-2005 at 09:57 AM.

depending how much power you after?low end power or high end power, in your case next step will be cam, crower ,crane,JG make good non-vtec aftermarket cam (i was told by a mate in the forum that could get tomei cams for b18b as well, but was sure where)
    Most popular one for B18B is crower, you will choose either 403 or 404, both of them need tetainer and valve spring. 403's power is for middle range and high end rpm without losing much lower end, with them is not necessay to increase your CR,however it will give you best gain if you increase CR.
    404's power is for high end ,you will lose lower end power, but high end is great. with this cam you have to increase CR by putting CTR pistons or milling your head, arp head stud and bolts for the safety rev up past 8000.
    Both cams need to be tuned with some ECU's like uberdata,hondata. while you are changing the cam , you need to also get aftermarket cam gear, valves,oversize throttle body ,intake manifold , p&p your head, bigger fuel injector ,fuel rail ,FPR, clutch ,flywheel ,pulleys,type r gear box with LSD.
    Those are what i can think right now, for 403 with those you will get 155 to 165 whp.For 404, you will get 175 to 180 whp.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    the crower gear will cost you at cheapest $2000 for parts brand new.
    when you get them instanled as said already get some work done to the head,
    another good mod to do with the cams is the inlet manifold i ve heard a lot of great things on the skunk2 mani thats the one ill be purchasing.
    but if you realy wanna know how much of a diffrerence the mods make as you do them, then take your car to the 400m track and have a few runs, then after your mod try again and see what improvement you made.
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    How about upgrading to a lightened flywheel and HD clutch. I know these wont give you more hp/kw but they are good bang for buck mods.
    ^groundupgarage.com

Guys all your advice so far is very good and I would say is spot on but you are forgetting one thing the power in a Honda engine be it a Vtec or not is in the head.There is alot of good parts around for these engines and heads these days so do some reseach and you will be able to build a very nice little setup.What are your plans and goals for this setup you want to build LawryMonster.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Hey Dave

I was speaking to Jerry Wang from J-Racing at Autosalon about engine work for my GSi. He gave me his business card and said to ring his engineers and they'd be more than happy to help me out with what to do. However, this was in regards to supercharging, I'd presume they'd be just as helpful with N/A work too. I have their number if you want it.

I also spoke to the guys from Millennium Motorsports and was impressed with their approach to modification.
    Last edited by Kenno'Teg; 12-11-2005 at 06:39 PM.
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity