people with vtir 5th gens

wat oil do you use on ur 5thgen lude vtir and wat odes 10w40 10w30 20w30 mean on the oil

i use mobil 1 or honda oil. lol. i think those numbers have got to do with the thickness of the oil and how quickly it spreads to protect the engine or something lke that. in noob terms.. =D

hmm

i use mobil .. but not mobil 1 . apparently the mobil 1 formula changed kinda recently , and now it doesnt suit the h22a that much anymore

the Honda Oil recommended is also good. but yeah my mech says this particular mobil sem synth or wtv that im using is the best. Well he said there are better ones out there, but like double the price n shit . This one better than Oem at around the same cost .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    5th Gen 'lude
    there's a few threads on this subject. seach 'engine oil' and you'll get some idea. I have castrol? in mine which works fine, but i have just bought Mobile Super synthetic 10w-50w. Got it for $60 at auto barn. Just need to find the time to change it.

what oil should i use if i hardly hit vtec and warm conditions

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Formula Red AP1 S2000
    Honda FEO 10w-30

Sounds more high pitched and revvy than the 0w-60 stuff from Mobil. its just too thick to rev
    2001 95 Integra VTIR
    2006 97 Prelude VTIR
    2007 01 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by preludacris
    hmm

i use mobil .. but not mobil 1 . apparently the mobil 1 formula changed kinda recently , and now it doesnt suit the h22a that much anymore

the Honda Oil recommended is also good. but yeah my mech says this particular mobil sem synth or wtv that im using is the best. Well he said there are better ones out there, but like double the price n shit . This one better than Oem at around the same cost .
    Quote Originally Posted by my_honda
    there's a few threads on this subject. seach 'engine oil' and you'll get some idea. I have castrol? in mine which works fine, but i have just bought Mobile Super synthetic 10w-50w. Got it for $60 at auto barn. Just need to find the time to change it.
    is that the one you're talking about my_honda?
    i wanna give mobil a try
    PRELUDE 3D ANIMATION <--click to view
    MY JDM 1992 PRELUDE VTIR <--click to view
    [KI555]

i used to use mobil 1 but switched to motul xcess 8100.. never looked back

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    since hannys start using elf oil.. i thought i try it... even since i use elf.. before i used mobile 1 full synth