Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civic coupe

Civic coupe

Hi guys,

Sorry, im new to this forum so i hope this isn't a too stupid question

I', looking at buying a CIVIC VTi Coupe (around 97/98'). I know these cars are only 1.6lt engines. I currently have a BMW 318is 1.9ltr (twin cam) and wondering performance wise how the two would compare.

I have previously had an 1988 Honda Accord and a 1989 Honda Prelude. I really like Honda's in general but dont know a thing about civics.

I have a mate whos a member on here actually who has a Civic Type R.. I need a few knowledgable opinions on the civic in general more so the 1997/98 coupe

Any info would be very welcomed!

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Welcome mate. The Civic VTi coupes are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Model Info
    Civic Vti
    Released: 1993-2000
    Engine1: '93-94 1.6L SOHC VTEC 16-valve 96kW@6,800rpm
    Engine2: '95-00 1.6L SOHC 16-valve 88kW
    Code1: D16Y1, (D16Y8-VTi Coupe)
    Code2: D16Y5
    Weight: Sedan-1060kg Coupe-1029kg
    Brakes: 4 wheel disc brakes (vti coupe has rear drums)
    Features: Power windows + mirrors, drivers airbag, sunroof
    Models: 4 door sedan, 3 door hatch or 2 door coupe.
    You can't really compare it to the Civic VTi-R in terms of performance. The engine is generally designed to be more fuel efficient.

If you need any more info try searching or using this link for information on Civic's in general. CLICK HERE!!
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

if u are talkin about performance wise..

the civic vti coupe 1.6L will be better in performance compared to the 1.9L bmw
    the bmw is just too heavy!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Em1
    VTi coupes only came out till 1998... 99 and 00 coupes are either VTiR or GLi

Vti coupe should have the performance over the 318 bmw tho...

I am also looking at 2003 HONDA CIVIC 7th Gen. MY2003 GLi

Im more so looking for good fuel economy as my main concern at the moment.. as i drive around 30,000km's a year with a combination of freeway and city driving.

Is this a nice car to drive.. comfortable, reliable, and most importantly, aftermarket upgradeable?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I have a civic coupe vti and i would say its got reasonable power, i mean for a 1.6ltr engine it will outrun many other 1.6ltr - 2.0 NA cars. Fuel economy is great, i get over 400km a tank and when highway driving its even better. Most aftermarket support will be for the B series engines but d series does have a fair bit out there too.
    Last edited by jackosimm; 14-11-2005 at 08:25 PM. Reason: jacko edit: you know the rules
    ^groundupgarage.com

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    I get 600kms to a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by sabih
    Is this a nice car to drive.. comfortable, reliable, and most importantly, aftermarket upgradeable?
    I have had a 97 coupe for a bit over 3 years. For what it sounds like you are asking for in a car, I think it would be a fantastic choice. The only thing that has ever gone wrong with my car is that the passenger window broke once. Took it in and got fixed next day no prob.

They are very well put together, it doesnt even drip oil like my parents' younger and more expensive cars always do. No squeaks or anything.

They are fuel efficient (I usually get a bit over 500kms, less than 7L/100km) and have a bit of go for a 1.6L. They are fun to drive overall, nice to rev, good handling. Its a high performance to economy car I would say.

You seriously can't go wrong

What about a 1995 HONDA CIVIC GLi (hatch)?

I've heard they arent too bad.. and i've seen them done up and they look pretty good.

Money isn't really an option here, i'm just looking for the best base model looking car i can modify over time.

The one good one of these i found has roof racks though.. would this be hard to fill the gaps in the roof it would leave after removing them?

Bewlow is a picture of the type of car in question.. THE CAR IN THIS PICTURE IS NOT THE ACTUAL CAR THOUGH.

Not sure which type of Civic i should get..

I've narrowed it down to these few types.. i would greatly appreicate peoples opinions and why they have chosen each car.

These are just example pictures of the cars in question.. not the actual cars..

I'm looking for economy, customization, style, and ofcourse power.. and yes.. i know one of these has a vti engine.

1. 1995 HONDA CIVIC GLi

2. 2002 HONDA CIVIC 7th Gen. MY2002 GLi

3. 1996 HONDA CIVIC VTi

4. 1999 HONDA CIVIC EK GLi

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    i'l choose a VTI coupe because of the shape
    but that EG hatch looks pretty good in the picture

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Yeah, I'd agree with mugen power. The EJ8 (Civic Coupe VTi) has a nicer shape than majority but the EK Sedan is a more practical choice. 4 Doors = more room.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW