Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I have moved the ongoing issue from the FOR SALE forum here. The original thread is here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewto...amp;highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by _Wing_
    The seats come with original subby rails. I didn't cut or modify the rails/brackets or my car in any way to fit it in.
    What I did was make brackets to connect the non-aligning holes and that's it!
    To anyone interested in the seats, you WILL have to get an engineers certificate if you do fit them in your car.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    The seats come with original subby rails. I didn't cut or modify the rails/brackets or my car in any way to fit it in.
    To anyone interested in the seats, you WILL have to get an engineers certificate if you do fit them in your car.
    Just like how you would for any other seat that did not originally come with your car.

Perhaps you should tell that in the carbon fibre bonnet thread? Or did you miss it?
    Or maybe you should tell people that HID's are illegal no matter what because of ADR's and should not be sold? Did you miss that thread?
    Or maybe you should warn all the people that a buddy club spec 2 catback exhuast system does not meet the legal sound levels of an exhuast? Did that also slip through your fine-tooth administraing comb?

Let the community know so that you wont be mistakenly labelled as a discriminator. "vti-2" can chime in at any time too.

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Just like how you would for any other seat that did not originally come with your car.

Perhaps you should tell that in the carbon fibre bonnet thread? Or did you miss it?
    Or maybe you should tell people that HID's are illegal no matter what because of ADR's and should not be sold? Did you miss that thread?
    Or maybe you should warn all the people that a buddy club spec 2 catback exhuast system does not meet the legal sound levels of an exhuast? Did that also slip through your fine-tooth administraing comb?

Let the community know so that you wont be mistakenly labelled as a discriminator. "vti-2" can chime in at any time too.
    :?

Are you for real?

Let me get this right. You post stuff up for sale that is unrelated and against the T&C. We then let you sell the WRX seats and you rip into the admin/mods?

Chill out mate.

Am I for real?
    Yes. I appologise for the unrelated item... the mixer was out of place [although last night I saw a mixer in a car on television, but why the debate?]. Although the "droid" bar is for a lancer that does not neccessarily mean you can't fit it to a honda. Ever seen a bodykit for a different car fitted to a honda before? I can show you if you like.
    I didn't question them both though, but I did for the seats.

Upon inquiry, you flicked it off onto "wynode" for no given reason. Obviously wynode tried to back up your decision by saying:
    You can sell the WRX bucket seets provided you can prove that they will fit in a Honda.
    GREAT! Who cares about the little details of "why/why not", I'm happy we've solved this problem. I get to repost the item to sell *horay*

Then wynode has to come in and say:
    To which I point out disciminatory behaviour, and end with this statement:
    Is that so much to ask?

_Wing_ - i asked you to PM wynode about putting the WRX seats back up because he is administrator/owner of the site and has final say on items that i feel are questionable. Maybe next time i shouldn't give you the benefit of the doubt and should simply not allow you to post the unrelated item (which goes against the T&C anyway). I don't see why it's so hard to stick to the T&C when hundreds of other members can stick to them and not have a problem here.

And don't make it look like i 'flicked' you off because i didn't. I asked you to PM wynode about the seats. Is that so hard considering you might be able to sell them here?

I'm always open to queries and you should NOT feel obliged to ask/query me on anything. My email addy is also in my profile so it's not like you can't contact me regarding any issues.

Lastly, can i just point out this is a free service we offer you. If wynode makes a simple factual statement there's no need to jump on him the way you did. He let you sell the seats for pete's sake! I'm sure many others browsing this forum have the same opinion.

Don't abuse the free service!

but u gotta admit that wynode shouldnt really be posting that in this thread, cos it does seem that he is picking on wing abit vicster. i mean wings point is that every other item here is pretty much illegal, and requred to get an engineer...

but meh, ill go back to my coronas

Agreed. If a post is made regarding the legality of the item, there should be a similar post in other threads too. It does seem as this thread was singled out, why it was is beyond me.

Free service or not, there should be consistency in how the forum is moderated.

EDIT: I apologise for posting even though I am not interested in any of the items

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1054

EDIT 2: Wing's comment may have been a smart ass comment, but it was inappropriate as Wynode's. As for the seats being unrelated, there has been a whole lot of other "non-Honda" equipment for sale which has been posted without criticism. My whinge is only about the inconsistent moderation, nothing else.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    I agree with Jimboy...

the points Wing brought up a few posts ago are completely legitimate and fair.
    The fact that this forum/community board is a free service shouldn't be used so frequently in dealing with admin/rule issues. I'm sure everyone here is extremely grateful for the forum and site, but wouldn't be better to deal with the matter at hand?
    IMO Wing's been very mature about the matter.

As jimboy said, apologies for posting when not interested.

(i'll sit back quietly and wait to get laughed at again now...
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewto...2&start=15 )

Jon

edit: PS- also failed to mention Wing's initial post is one of the most concise and informative FS posts I've seen on ANY forum for ages! lol He's got detailed listings + multiple pics. He also apologised for the mislisting of the mixer and lancer bar... he's copped it pretty harsh considering the posts with bad grammer/mispelling, other unrelated items FS running around....

You guys complain too much over things that are so trivial. Get the facts right before you start whinging.

The WRX seats are not related (read: non Honda equipment) therefore they shouldn't be here anyway. We allowed the item because the user asked for it to be left in the thread. wynode kindly allowed it to be posted and made a comment and Wing then made what clearly appears to be a smart ass remark (correct me if i'm wrong) about why other threads aren't treated in the same way.

Refer to the below quote taken from the T&C.

"C. Refrain from selling unrelated goods. Goods that are allowed to be traded are Honda related equipment, audio/video and in some cases computer equipment. Ozhonda reserves the right to remove posts selling goods deemed as unrelated. "

Well mate, looks like this problem arose because you posted unrelated items.

Take this as a lesson in future (and i mean that in the kindest possible way). Don't post unrelated items and you won't go through this hassle.

And that takes me back to the 'free service' comment i made. Just cause it's free, it doesn't give you the right to come on here and push non related products onto the members, engage in PM's with moderators who let you post the item and then turn around and have a stab at them.

I'm very disappointed.

Wing - feel free to take this up in a PM or email with me as i don't want a debate in your FS thread.

To the others, thanks for the input but keep it off this thread. Send me a PM or email and i'm happy to discuss it.

I can't stress how important it is that you keep within the T&C. They are there for a reason. I like to see things for sale for other Ozhonda members but don't forget there are rules as well on this forum.

Now, let's keep this thread on topic.

regards.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Wing, you weren't singled out when I made that comment. I just wanted the people buying it to know that you can't just bolt it on (for safety reasons more than anything) and NOT to stop people from buying it. We gave you the benefit of the doubt and you turn around and bite us in the back? I don't like that.

As for being consistent in the Marketplace, there are always people winging but hardly anyone MSGs me or one of the admins to point out items going against the T&C. As stated in the T&C its hard for us to follow every single post.

We put a lot of time into this, so if there is someone who can do a better job in the Marketplace then let me know. If there isn't, then we will continue to cover all the forums the best we can.

I don't think anybody is being very constructive on this thread.

I am interested in fitting WRX seats to my Civic, and have been told by an engineer that it will take about 1.5 hours to do. I like these seats and will be in contact with you shortly.

The items are related as they are a car part, and can be fitted to a Honda.
    If they are unrelated, then why can u advertise recaro seats in here, as u need a civic rail on them, I dont see the difference. If you really want to be so pedantic, then all aftermarket parts that dont bolt straight into a Honda should be removed from these forums..

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    FFS did you even read the thread?

Hi,

You can sell the WRX bucket seets provided you can prove that they will fit in a Honda.

-Win