Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car

100 Octane from Shell

Hey guys, was at the petrol station the other day, and noticed shell has reliased their new fuel

Shell Optimax Extreme (link provided)

so thought hmm... might as well give it a try, before i used to use the normal optimax which is 98 Octane which made the engin sound good and more responsive compared to the unleaded...

but with the new 100 octane it really does make a diff. the engin is very responsive and the noise it has a nice tone to it ...

any one here used it yet or any ideas if it better/worst for cars ... and would it be suitable for you guys (VTEC owners) any benefits at all ... share ... hehehe
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    re-post, thread is already in lounge.
    but either way.
    i jsut poured it last night.. and i'm saying the exact same thing as you.
    very good.

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    oh sorry everyone ... didnt know hehehe
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    try av gas stuff used for planes i believe its 104 octane and ment to make the car feel like it revs quicker and wants to rev and keep reving.

Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT
    try av gas stuff used for planes i believe its 104 octane and ment to make the car feel like it revs quicker and wants to rev and keep reving.
    Av gas is leaded. Will destroy the cat. We used to run it in the HQs when I raced. Would buy drums of it at Bankstown airport because it was so expensive at the tracks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I read a report by Honda (in the other thread) that this new petrol will do damge to older (pre 2002) Hondas, if used often???

Honda

All Honda vehicles should use the fuel recommended in the Owner's Manual.

The following models will operate satisfactorily on E10:
    Insight - 2004 onwards; Civic range (including Civic Hybrid) - 2004 onwards; S2000 - 2004 onwards; CRV - 2003 onwards; MD-X - 2003 onwards; Accord & Accord Euro - 2003 onwards.

Honda does not recommend E10 for other vehicle models because there may be drivability issues.

As quoted from Federal Chamber Of Automotive Industries
    [http://www.fcai.com.au/ethanol.php/2...00000001.html]

therefore..according to honda... do not use Optimax Extreme if ur car does not fall within these model ranges...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    but its for E10!! which is 10% ethanol... where as the extreme is only 5%... so it should be okay isn't it?

well from the shell website it has linked off to the FCAI website which in turn talks about the E10 compatibility..
    AFAIK with the exception of the honda models mentioned... i don't think honda engines like ethanol @ all..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 crx delsol
    i just got some 100 ron in my crx
    i feel its more responsive and goes harder (i churp 1st and 2nd)

but if u guys do put in 100 ron u should reset the ecu other wise it can f**k up the O2 sensor
    something about retard timing, dont know the details but thats what i was told

keep the discussion for this new fuel in HERE

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...513#post515513

thanks