Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Injen RD1450 Legalities

Is this intake illegal/defect worthy?

I have no idea who I can ask? QLD Transport ladies have less than no idea...All sites which have any info on it only says its legal in USA 50 states which is pointless to me.

I'm with Just Cars, and I can do anything aslong as it's legal and roadworthy...so I don't want to do anything which could compromise that.

Thanks

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    anything non stock is regard an illegal here anyway

errrrr..no, sorry buddy but your talking shit.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Moya
    errrrr..no, sorry buddy but your talking shit.
    wtf??? u ask for it and i tell u wat i was told from coppers... y is that talkin shit? mate was just tryin to help....

Because 'anything non stock' isn't illegal...maybe?

from a police officers mouth "...any modification is illegal if not supported by the ADR's of the vehicles manufacture date..." - i would think anything simply needs to be either passed under current ADR law by an engineer , or its simply illegal correct ? The only law that applies to your "Injen RD1450" is that in the engine bay a air filter element must be enclosed ( majority...who knows what percentile?) From my guess this is a noise-pollution issue and if someone or a police officer thinks your car is too loud from the intake you could be sent a EPA notice.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 20-11-2005 at 09:42 PM.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    u have an attitude problem.... i told u wat i was told.... and u gave that 'talk shiet' comment .... good luck on findin ur info ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moya
    Because 'anything non stock' isn't illegal...maybe?

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    hahaha if cops dont like it ... then say bye bye looool at nick calm down !
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    from a police officers mouth "...any modification is illegal if not supported by the ADR's of the vehicles manufacture date..." - i would think anything simply needs to be either passed under current ADR law by an engineer , or its simply illegal correct ? [/b]
    Thanks, that sounds about right.

|N|, sorry I didn't mean to be as rude as it sounded.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg
    with the RD, doesnt the filter become located away from the engine bay? thus making it legal

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO VIII MR
    Quote Originally Posted by [XsCaPe]
    with the RD, doesnt the filter become located away from the engine bay? thus making it legal
    like the old saying goes, what they dont' know wont' hurt them (cops that is, not the pits pplz)

even tho if the RD series is located away from the engine bay (how is that possible.. its still gonna be in the engine bay somehow...? ), its cuz its an "open filter", thus making it illegal. Stock box the filter is "enclosed", so not illegal... and plus its stock... mugen, gruppeM, are all enclosed, and plus it adds a few ponies and lotsa bling bling

even if the cops cannot see the open filter, it's "technically" illegal, but back to the first saying... What they dont know, won't hurt them. like the RS1476, the filter is routed to the front of the bumper, so you cannot see it. however, if the cops know what they are doing (just how many actually do know...?), they can still pin ya... if they're being a bunch of [insert ya own word], they will pin ya for anything!

noise pollution? really... never thought of it that way before.. hrmm... on honda cars, the vtec engagement is quite violent in regards to noise (dependant on car)... but how can you really compare that to the sound of an exhaust... stupid cops!!

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type r
    hey man i have this injen intake on my car and i have had it inspected by the qld department of transport man and the guy there said there was no problem with it he said it was fine but the police will try and defect you for it but it your call