Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 Accord EXi

['93 Accord] Lowering springs & insurance

I have a '93 Accord (the older shape), and I have finally got some money to buy some springs to lower it a bit. I was looking at getting some low King Springs for it which should drop it 30mm. I am currently insured with RACV and they tell me I can only lower it 30mm from the standard ride height. I think with the rims I have on it at the moment the car sits about 10mm lower then stock. I want to keep things legit with RACV cos I don't want them screwing me over if I'm in an accident.

So I was just wondering how strict they are if say I was in an accident, do they actually fine check things like the ride height? Anyone had any problems with RACV and lowered cars? Also does anyone know how much King Springs sag over time? Prob just being a bit cautious, but being a Uni student I don't exactly have a lot of money to throw around if things turn bad.

Thanks for any input
    Last edited by bender; 21-11-2005 at 01:38 AM.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    You mentioned your car sits lower by 10mm because of your rims.. So you are now 10mm closer to the ground right? If it is, you have the wrong rolling diameter on your car.....

Just need to clarify before going on..

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    if your gonna stay legit then do it all the way ... no point in lowering your car lower than what your supposed to cause you never know ....

to be on the safe side of things, take it to a mech. get it checked out and then start on it

Good luck with it
    Wee Wee Waa Waa