Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    This happens to my dc2 with b16 y21 box, 2nd to 3rd crunches 90% of the time, even when I take it slow. It's smooth as butter when I shift without clutch when the engine is off though. And it only happens for 2nd to 3rd. All other gears are smooth. I'm thinking it's synchro due to the other gears being fine?

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    My 2nd crunches... but that's cause the syncro is ****ed. Happens in a '77 car that's been through two L and P platers. I do crunch 3rd sometimes, but only when I'm slamming it in gear >.>

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    The clutch must be worn out cause thats happening to mine too, i had my car sine 134K kms and now it done 180K kms and its starting to crunch and i never changed the clutch yet. And can you hear your thrust bearing?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by farkmedead View Post
    This happens to my dc2 with b16 y21 box, 2nd to 3rd crunches 90% of the time, even when I take it slow. It's smooth as butter when I shift without clutch when the engine is off though. And it only happens for 2nd to 3rd. All other gears are smooth. I'm thinking it's synchro due to the other gears being fine?
    It could be other minor/major things as well
    Engine mounts - better mounts make a hell a lot easier to shift
    Gearbox oil - Honda MTF is the best for daily use
    Clutch bled properly (No air in the lines)

My old gearbox use to crunch 3,4,5. I changed the oil to OEM Honda MTF and I never got one issue since that day, massive relief.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Hmmm, I shall try that. My clutch also makes a bit of a metallic whirring/chattering right before it engages, could be thrust bearing?