Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by coolson
    you have upgraded the flywheel as well?

how much does that cost for the exedy HD sport organic clutch?

how much for the lightened flywheel?

how much for the labour?

My car is all standard. is that worth upgrading the clutch exedy HD sport organic? i just want more bite on the a pickup of traffic light.

from memory

clutch = ~$450
    flywheel = ~$650
    labour = ~$450

My car is near standard (only afew bolt ons) and IMO it was worth every cent. Trust me, you'll love the HD organic!! The lightened flywheel is well worth it aswell. Don't expect a massive increase in acceleration, how ever, responsivness off the engine is largly increased, and your accelleration mid rev range is improved nicely.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Civic EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB16A
    from memory

clutch = ~$450
    flywheel = ~$650
    labour = ~$450

My car is near standard (only afew bolt ons) and IMO it was worth every cent. Trust me, you'll love the HD organic!! The lightened flywheel is well worth it aswell. Don't expect a massive increase in acceleration, how ever, responsivness off the engine is largly increased, and your accelleration mid rev range is improved nicely.

Does the clutch feel harder compare to the stock clutch? Because my girlfriend may drive it some time.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    it should feel harder than stock, but shouldnt be too hard to drive

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by coolson
    Does the clutch feel harder compare to the stock clutch? Because my girlfriend may drive it some time.
    Its a little firmer, but pushing the clutch in is not going to be the problem for your girlfriend. However, she might have a little hassle with the take up of the clutch, until she gets used to it. It can be a little bity at first. Then again i don't know what sort of experience your g/f has with driving.

bottom line - She'll be able to drive it, it might just take a while for her to get used to it, and the same prob goes for you aswell. Its nothing a little trial and error can't fix, and i guarentee you, if you get one YOU WILL STALL IT, and if people are around, they WILL laugh.... LOL

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    just do slower shifts... and rev-match

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Civic EK4

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by EGB16A
    Its a little firmer, but pushing the clutch in is not going to be the problem for your girlfriend. However, she might have a little hassle with the take up of the clutch, until she gets used to it. It can be a little bity at first. Then again i don't know what sort of experience your g/f has with driving.

bottom line - She'll be able to drive it, it might just take a while for her to get used to it, and the same prob goes for you aswell. Its nothing a little trial and error can't fix, and i guarentee you, if you get one YOU WILL STALL IT, and if people are around, they WILL laugh.... LOL
    LOL I am sure people will laugh at me haha..

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    LOL.. so cruel ..yeah HD clutches are hard at first.. u'll get used to it buddy

try using nulon additives

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    dont use nulon.....
    its just a patch up solution which doesnt actually fix anything. if anything it just prolongs the damage.
    if you gonna fix something do it properly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX
    crunching gears means your syncro is blocking up and not releasing properly, you dont have to rebuild the whole box just the gear that crunches, normally you screw them up by not shifting properly eg: pushing the clutch in half way and throwing the gear in before your clutch has fully released, i have a euro version of holden vectra and i screwed up my third gear syncro all they did was reconditiond the 3rd gear syncro and it didnt do it anymore, but if u crunch its the syncro. but i have a crx aswell now and i put in a dog box so i dont have that problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by sivic
    dont use nulon.....
    its just a patch up solution which doesnt actually fix anything. if anything it just prolongs the damage.
    if you gonna fix something do it properly
    well if you have the money to recondition your g/box then go for it
    if not then use nulon

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    here's the problem:
    "granny shifting and not double clutching like you should" lol

yeh i was going to have a Exedy HD clutch fitted but i was screwed over by the guys i was buying it off and then another dude ordered in the wrong part twice

ive driven a couple of cars with a very heavy clutch, giving you very little movement with the left foot, it just takes time to get used to it, dont just drop it, ease is out really slowly, then when you've gotten used to the clutch you can start to shorten and quicken your clutch work
    CXi POWER