Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ls integra

new shell OCTANE 100

Hi there,

HAs any one tried the new octane 100 fuel by SHELL. I have tried it. but I dnt want to be biased or anything. Someone tells me its better for high compression engines eg 12 plus. but some tells me that if your car is tuned on higher octane regardless of compression(to a point). It should still gives more power???

The new octane 100 justb released last week at certain SHELL station.
    Last edited by ekslut; 23-11-2005 at 11:37 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    i dont believe there is a real point in spending that much money extra on petrol when our cars were tuned to use 92ron fuel. considering that most regular and premium unleadeds r 95+, payin 10c+ a ltr in my opinion is a waste
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    so you have tried it?

how was it?

moved to teh tech lounge

Ive heard numerous info about this fuel - such as it is 100RON + 5 % ethanol mix... and that it is only good for hondas of 98 + ~ anything below ( or that is made to use unleaded) could be damamged by such fuel ?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Here is what DJR says
    http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...otorsport.html

If your car is an import or runs on high octane I think your car will perform at peak like he said.

I think for most AUDM cars it will be only be smoother, more consistent delivery of power and torque, better econmy and a much clearner burn. Without tuning your engine to take advantage of the 100octane, I doubt you get or feel the extra 2hp from your engine. It will probably feel like a new engine oil change.

U also need to burn more Ethonal to get the same power, so I don't think I will get any extra mileage. Ethonal is not good for pre 2000 cars as Honda listed.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    its unreal fuel very very very good all wil be explained soon on www.whichfuel.com

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    was a honda
    good for motorcycles???..........i might give it a try.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ls integra
    ok....I have tried it on my LS but with after market chip claimed tuned on 98 ctane. When i switched back to octane 95. I can FEEL it, that the car runs less meaner. When I switche d to 98. The power gain what noticed.
    So my compression is only 9.2.1.

Yesterday I added 100 ctane. I felt more gain than 98. thast why, YOU MUST tried it first and let me know....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm waiting for the whichfuel report too! But to me, this fuel will benefit cars with a turbo more, as they would be able to maintain high pressures with less chance of pre-ignition.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 8
    i currently have to use 98octane coz i have advanced timing on my 91 Integra, will using this new petrol help me or will it be bad???

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ls integra
    my timming advance on distributor had already setting at 1mm from max. Not only that, my ecu had chipped with "power chip" alike from USA-PR4--more advance..
    With 98 ctane fuel I still can hear a ping when I DELiBERATLY testing fith at 1200 rpm. But with octane 100. I DNT hear that no more. By the way I find octane 100 makes my engine a LITTLE LOUDER.....IT sounds right but am still doing more trials this week.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ls integra
    where is every one??