Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ok, well my ultimate goal is to make a very stock looking sleeper that cream my bro inlaws ford falcon. my father beleives that i am completly dreaming if i think that a 4 cylinder will blow his 6cylinder that is a bit worked.

i dont think i could beat it unless it was turboed so i think i will have to stay with the f22 and work it to about 250hp.
    only problem now is that i gotta start putting some money aside to do this. i think i wouldnt get out of it under 3k.

Yo, just another small point to add... Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier to source other performance parts like lightened flywheel, racing clutch etc for a H22 then an F22 later on down the line? If this is the case, then that might be a point to consider when deciding whether to go turbo/NA. The VTEC factor has also still kept me leaning towards the H22

Cheers,

- K

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    clutches etc from the H series bolt on to the F series, and various companies now have flywheels, valve trains, pistons, rods, cam gears etc available. Pretty much anything you want is available now for the F...its not as big an issue as it was, say, 2 years ago

yeah iv been wondering about wat parts are actualy compatible between the 2 engines.
    i realy must go buy a car manuel when i get paid next.

i got a little bonus my father gets car parts from some places at trade prices. so i might be able to save a bit if the parts are already in perth.

also i got a mate enquireing if his work will custom make me some nice extractors and get a nice 2.25' exaust. then i can do somithing realy dodgy. get the cat converter nice peice of rod and belt the shit out of it lol. take all the power gobbling shit out of it.
    1 question with turbos what acutly has to be changed on the exaust to bolt on the turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    mate the cat on Honda's is quite free flowing, gutting it can actually hurt exhaust gas flow rather than improve it.

For a turbo exhaust you will want 3" piping for one, cat-back, for free flow, and a higher flow cat. The exhaust manifold must be fabricated for turbo and the dump pipe from turbo to cat is a custom piece. So basically the entire exhaust should be changed

The parts that are compatible are gearbox/clutch bits mainly. The H23 and F22 share the same crank, and i believe the same rods as well. As far as i know the exhauts and intake manifolds are not compatible but i have to double check some measurements on them to be sure

ok sweet

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    hey matey, i have a 5th gen and i did the swap myself, easier than you think.

check out my webpage of the swap. its a crappy site but its better than being stabbed in the eye with a blunt stick :P

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    hey matey, i have a 5th gen and i did the swap myself, easier than you think.

check out my webpage of the swap. its a crappy site but its better than being stabbed in the eye with a blunt stick :P

http://www.hondapitstop.com/member_r...taila_cam.html

Member Array
    Car:
    400HP cd5 Accord
    stick with the h22a in the accord, extractors, 2.5'' exhaust, airfilter, and u'll be able to beat that falcon that ur talking about. Very easy to do.
    If u wanna go even faster then talk to poid or me about it. We'll show u where to go.

oh please don't do it yet, i wanted to be the first in melbourne to do it on a 4th gen.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Khronik
    oh please don't do it yet, i wanted to be the first in melbourne to do it on a 4th gen.
    too late, Spoon-Accord already has a H22A accord in melb

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Spoon-Accord's 5th Gen Calvin... :P