Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is there a big difference between the whale penis intake and those regular ones?

was looking at upgrading the air intake to an aftermaket one on the ZC engine. Is the whale penis heaps better with that big carbon fiber thing , or is it just for looks?
    Last edited by mercury; 26-11-2005 at 10:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    Quote Originally Posted by mercury
    Is the whale penis heaps better with that big carbon fiber thing , or is it just for looks?
    Errr... the 'whale penis' *IS* that big carbon fibre thing (unless you were thinking of using a real whale's penis)?!?!

yeh so whats the difference between that and just a straight pipe? Does it really make a difference? or just for engine bay props

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    isnt it there to 'curve' the air; channeling it into a spiral which has a greater velocity than air which is interfering with it self by bumping into corners/flat surfaces and thus relfecting back on itself?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    uh huh... thats the theory at least. ask egSi about his replica... apparently its the sh*t!

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    Isnt it just sposed to have a chamber of air closer to the intake, ready to give better throttle response? Much like a secondary more efficient air box?

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    ive got the straight carbon fibre one.. but apparently the fat "WHALE PENIS" because it has that fat chamber.. it acts like forced induction.. so when you step on it.. kinda like compressed air being pushed in.. as big to small.. well that what i was told.. after i got my straight pipe..
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Quote Originally Posted by aznsiko
    ive got the straight carbon fibre one.. but apparently the fat "WHALE PENIS" because it has that fat chamber.. it acts like forced induction.. so when you step on it.. kinda like compressed air being pushed in.. as big to small.. well that what i was told.. after i got my straight pipe..
    "...like Forced induction" ? There is NO boost/compressed air at all in a NA setup lol.
    Id think actually the opposite is true - NA engines seem to like a large volume of static air sitting and the throttle mouth ready to be sucked in So this "whale schlong" design seems to act like a venturi and gives decent reults...

dyno graph of stock vs whale doodle someone !

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by aznsiko
    dont believe the word of a riceboy. a whale penis is not like force induction.

install a boost gauge and try it out.
    it will be 0psi and the rest is vacuum.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    The whale penis is supose to give you lower end air intake as it does not need to suck inital air thru the filter giving it abit of lag. The extra air is similar to your reasonators which gives air on instant flooring. Otherwise your car will bog slightly as it pumps in more fuel and get less air.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    i get better fuel economy with the whale penis vs stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.