Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 type-r

DC2R headlight bulbs???

i want to replace my stock headlights in the dc2r and was wondering if philips were any good? i was interested in the diamond and crystal vision?

can you get defected for them in sydney cus the are under 5000k?

i want the headlights to sort of match? i heard you cant use diamond vision for high beams and fog lights.

and recomendations?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenoei
    i want to replace my stock headlights in the dc2r and was wondering if philips were any good? i was interested in the diamond and crystal vision?

can you get defected for them in sydney cus the are under 5000k?

i want the headlights to sort of match? i heard you cant use diamond vision for high beams and fog lights.

and recomendations?
    my existing one just blew today
    dont know how..prob due to age...
    anyways.. ive bought the philips one...
    i think for 60 bucks!! they're pretty good!
    its 4000K... Blue Vision

philps are very good quality but are very expensive. looking at $100 for crystal visions and $140+ for diamond visions.

yes you can get defected for them, but just like any modification you make unless certified by an engineer is a defect.

if you go to a local autobarn they have them up on display and clearly show that crystal and diamond visions are not permitted for road use.
    for dc2/4/r they use hb4s and diamond visions are not available in that size.

have a look on one of the traders they sell bulbs with high k rating for less of a price. i had 4300k similar to crystal visions and they were great, although i did get a few high beams from on comming traffic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 type-r
    thanks...damm i really like the look of those diamond visions they look sweet

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    The higher the K (Kelvin) temp past 4300K the less light (lumen) output you will project onto the road.

IMO Philips Blue Visions are fantastic for clearer/brighter and whiter driving bulbs over stock. I've seen the next levels "up" such as Diamond Vision, and think they're a complete waste of money.

Either invest in halogens which will give you a better look AND light projection such as the BV's or +50 Visions, or simply [cliche] "save up for HID's" [/cliche]. Obviously only if you're running a projector headlight such as DC2's.... EKs and DC5's for instance run horrible reflectors and cannot/should not house HID setups.

From personal experience, I've gone through two sets of Philips Diamond Vision and neither of them have lasted longer than 8 months.