Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by poid
    get the Optima Calvo, they are excellent batteries...Odysseys sometimes fail for no apparent reason.
    This is another myth that must be put to rest. We've sold literally thousands of Optimas and Odysseys over the years and to date we've only ever had two Optima and one Odyssey develop problems.

Nothing fails because of no apparent reason. Lack of care is why they die. They are heavy duty batteries but they are still batteries. They must be charged, not run down to 8-10 volts (which many people get to when they run the car's system for hours without starting it) and it must be re-charged on a bench every 12 months. I've had a Optima and an Odyssey in my own car for nine years now without issue.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx

An aftermarket battery or stiffening capacitor for your amp is the simplest way to be sure your system always gets every bit of immediate current it needs. From the smallest 0.5 farad cap (or Optima D51) to monsters like the 35 farad Stinger cap (or Optima D31), you're guaranteed to find a battery or capacitor suitable for your installation. Not all systems NEED a cap or aftermarket battery but they are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx
    must be re-charged on a bench every 12 months
    how do u go about doing this?

Member Array
    Car:
    92 civic si
    For anyone in Canberra, i bought my optimas from T4. T4 seem to sell them slightly cheaper than everyone else. The number is 0428311533.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvo
    how do u go about doing this?
    We do this for customers free. Just bring it back here every 12 months and we de-charge them and re-charge them for you. I've had mine for 9 years now without issue...