Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BMW

Drove MY06 Euro lux with sat nav today!

Yes well just got back from Honda Aus....

We had 6 new 06 euro lux's to drive...each car with with 3 sales or service people in them....
    i have so much to say but cant be bothered lol

It is the euro that is pictured on this site a number of times with the new alloys (that i dont like as much as the 05 ones), changed front bar and a lil change on the rear ect.....the new dash is great with the intstrument cluster changing for the better now with a trip computer u can toggle through with a steerting wheel button so now it has lt of petrol left to empty....the fuel consumtion bar that the crv and ody has...

The sat nav is the best! Its the 2nd cheapest on the market atm at $3000. That is factory sat nav i mean....we had 2 hours in the car with 3 different routes we had to program into the touch screen sat nav...

Its just fantastic, the climate controll is touch screen or u can use the buttons like the 05, another window panel is on the top of the dash in the middle for duel climate and audio.....

No more black wood in the black leather cars...its now a silver finish and its so much better!
    Woodgrain is still in for the black and white euros but its now darker....

I found the throttle not as jerky as the 05 model.....

Um....the rearview mirror is the same as the MDX now with the auto light thingy.... i cant think of much more atm...

We will have our 06 euros on our showroom floor next week i do know that lol.

If anyone has any questions post up and ill do my best to answer....

Also was good to have a test euro there, an 05 lux with the o6 sat nav in it...
    I was told it cant be retro fitted into the 06 model...but if it is done will cost over 10k to do so......

Um thats all for now....if i get time at work today ill answer wat i can if not later tonight...

Cheers James
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    forgot to mention the STD euro has new design 16"s also that look cool....lol anything is better than the current ones....

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    nice!
    10K RETROFITTED?!?!?!??!!?!?
    WAT THE F*%&@$*(%&@$)%&@$)
    rather get a portable navman and get a touch screen headunit
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Lux 5AT
    G'day Jimmy,
    Thanks for the info. Ok, you offered so.........
    So is the trip computer within the instrument cluster or is it above the hazard lights like we've seen on a few pics?
    And the wheels on the lux are those not so flash 10 spoke jobs that were on that poo brown model as well as the blue station wagon from Frankfurt?
    What's the stereo system like? Have they gone to the premium package of 8 speakers and is it mp3 compatible?
    Did they go with the lane moving technology for Oz?
    Last one, bluetooth?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Thanks UNS1.

Let us know which pics show the new 16" and new 17" rims.

DBW Throttle has imporved eh? Hopefully a firmware flash on previous years to fix that?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    A couple of questions:
    - Is the satnav CD/DVD/HD based? Does it have any voice-activated functionality?
    - Do the satnav models have the ugly rectangular cutout in the centre storage box? (below climate control switches)
    - Does it have auto-on (light sensing) headlights?
    - Did you drive manual/auto/both?
    - Does its have the new "flat" windscreen wipers?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one
    G'day Jimmy,
    Thanks for the info. Ok, you offered so.........
    So is the trip computer within the instrument cluster or is it above the hazard lights like we've seen on a few pics?
    And the wheels on the lux are those not so flash 10 spoke jobs that were on that poo brown model as well as the blue station wagon from Frankfurt?
    What's the stereo system like? Have they gone to the premium package of 8 speakers and is it mp3 compatible?
    Did they go with the lane moving technology for Oz?
    Last one, bluetooth?

lol yes they are the 10 spoke jobs so u 05 owners dont worry ur wheels are heaps better
    didnt get much into the stereo, the sound will be the same and its got mp3 im 90% sure, coz it was mainly training for the sat nav...
    No blue tooth yet.....and not sure bout premium sound..

The sat nav is a big test for the oz market....took honda oz ages to convince japan we will use it!
    If it works out well u will see sat nav in lots of the other models..

oh the trip computer is at the bottom of the instrument cluster in the middle....its a cool little screen.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution42
    A couple of questions:
    - Is the satnav CD/DVD/HD based? Does it have any voice-activated functionality?
    - Do the satnav models have the ugly rectangular cutout in the centre storage box? (below climate control switches)
    - Does it have auto-on (light sensing) headlights?
    - Did you drive manual/auto/both?
    - Does its have the new "flat" windscreen wipers?
    the sat nav is DVD based and u get the dvd when u get there car.
    and NO it doesnt play normal dvds....

doesnt have auto headlights....but it was daytime and they didnt go into that much...lol

no voice activation either

but u can chose a female or male voice to tell u directions....lol we used the female coz the man had attitude in his voice lol

all the cars were auto....

god i cant remember about the winscreen wipers ....didnt look.

Im sorry if i suck at answering lots of these questions....u have to remember it was just sat nav training.....

Ill learn the rest next week when i have one in my showroom...

jimmy
    Last edited by UNLS1; 29-11-2005 at 02:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Do you still get the trip computer/fuel consumption etc. on models without the satnav?

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    Good job James!

How much can you offer me for my 08/05 EuroL? I want to upgrade!!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hope that Honda Australia releases pics of the interior soon.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1
    Ill learn the rest next week when i have one in my showroom...
    Thanks for putting in the effort to answer questions. If your manager gives you a hard time, tell him/her it's homework for next week....lol You'll definitley hit the ground running with questions from this thread....

So do you think they'll be in showrooms across Oz next week?
    If that's an affirmative, I'm guessing the first shipment for sale has already landed, or will it be a handful of demo's and then an order and wait scenario? Could be a good time to snag a bargain on an 05 (if there are any left).
    Last edited by chosen_one; 29-11-2005 at 02:53 PM.