Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.
    stevharr how much did the kit cost you??
    about $3800 US, go to http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/
    and search for "rev hard", you'll see all the kits that they supply. Of course I'l have to pay import tax on top of that
    So all up around $6000 AU. I have no clue how much it will cost to get it fitted, so it may sit in the garage for a while...

Get them to mark it as a "gift" so you don't have to pay tax.
    I got a quote to fit a turbo kit - "anywhere between $800 to $1500 depending on how 'bolt-on' the kit is"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboy
    Get them to mark it as a "gift" so you don't have to pay tax.
    I got a quote to fit a turbo kit - "anywhere between $800 to $1500 depending on how 'bolt-on' the kit is"
    thats a good idea. Don't know if the guy will go for it though, but certainly worth a try,

Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512
    try

http://www.s2ki.com

these guys have all the info and "how to's" in regards to supercharging and turbocharging S2000's
    Yeah thats wat i was gona recommend, the S being so much cheaper in the US means that alot of owners in the US turbo.

Jez, i see u have already bought a setup, look forward to hearing what results u get!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

Halt!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Rev Hard kit will not fit. It's a low mount turbo manifold the turbo sits right where the steering rod is. You'd have to replace the manifold and downpipe, so you may as well just go custom.

The only US made kit I know that fits RHD is the LoveFab V1 kit. How do I know? I have one.

http://www.lovefab.com/

^^^
    Is this the same for the supercharging kits such as comptec and vortec?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    No, the Comptech and Vortech SCs fit pretty well. I had the Comptech kit before the turbo. The only adjustment was the mounting location of the FPR.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Rev Hard kit will not fit. It's a low mount turbo manifold the turbo sits right where the steering rod is. You'd have to replace the manifold and downpipe, so you may as well just go custom.

The only US made kit I know that fits RHD is the LoveFab V1 kit. How do I know? I have one.

http://www.lovefab.com/
    I asked Adrian from Toda racing and he seemed to think that it would be able to be fitted. In fact toda racing will be doing the modifications for me when the kit arrives later this week. I really hope that we are able to use the kit, because otherwise it's a lot of money down the drain. I also asked the supplier if it could be fitted to a RHD and he assured me that other than a few modifications to the piping the kit would fit. I will not be happy if he has misled me.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Ok, best of luck. Adrian knows what he is doing.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Any updates?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000
    Any updates?
    Not as yet, still wait for the supplier to ship the kit

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by stevharr
    I am interested to know if anyone has any experience, or has heard of anyone that has turbochrged their s2000. I have aquired (although not paid for yet) a "rev hard" kit from the US on ebay. Since committing to buy, I have started to have reservations. Firstly because the kit is for LHD and will need the piping modifying to fit (at least thats all the seller "thinks" is all that will need changing), secondly because Honda refused point blank to make the modification for me
    I think the best idea is to take your car to our workshop. Toda Racing Australia in Ingleburn. As many people here will know Adrian was one of the first people in Australia to turbo a S2000. He did it back in 1999 and he knows Honda's inside out. We have that same S2000 now being fully re-worked and it will be a stunner when it is finished. When it was on the road i can tell that it was very very fast and it was reliable with no problems. Adrian spent a lot of time on that car and he really knows how to do it right. You can't just slap on a turbo and assume it will go well. It is a very very hard car to tune and modify as it only comes good with the right mods and parts combinations. Just come down for a chat and you can get a very good idea of what we can do for u. I myself am making mine a N/A beast and i will soon post up dyno charts and news of wat a F20C can do when it is modified correctly with the right parts and handwork.
    Hope u find the info u need and good luck with ur project.