Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR

Question difference between spring brands

hi all,
    i have currently been looking for springs to lower my civic and am very puzzled and can't find an answer to this question "what is the difference between spring brands". is it worth investing more on a better brand of springs vs a cheaper brand, if so whats the difference??
    thanks guys n gals
    IS motor racing

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Sex Spec reminds me of Paris Hilton.

She's worth a lot of money but still looks like cheap trash....

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Cheaper springs will sag more over time and have a harsher ride (generally, lots of factors effect the ride though). Kings springs are known for sagging.

sagging over how many years period man? 1 or 2 years?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    it really depends on how big your budget is and if you want quality products that will last ie: tein etc
    most people will agree that king springs suck in general
    i personally think that jamex are excellent for there price and durability
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    I am kinda the opposer to the thought.. i love the king sprnigs.. dont think much of it as a performance spring.. but they are great in quality.. definitly the best in oz manufacturing. ...

and with saggin? when did your spring sag? over a year period? or just in the first month?
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

What, better than whiteline?

King springs are just springs to lower cars, id hardly call them "performance springs"

Whiteline make good springs, thats why i bought a set.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by Domokun SPL
    What, better than whiteline?

King springs are just springs to lower cars, id hardly call them "performance springs"

Whiteline make good springs, thats why i bought a set.

king spring is definitly better than whiteline in finish...
    however they arent as performance orientated as whiteline...

what are your opinions based on? have u ever sat a king and whitline spring side by side..

and as to why whiteline is a good spring...

the whiteline spring would have like dents/chips.. the paint would have like overspray.. they spray a flea or somthign on my set... its like its sprayed outside from a can

i would not classify that as quality...

However, i would get the whitline springs only for its perforamnce advantages over kings or any other oz manufactured spring...

And as to bfyb...
    Ill definitly chose a $90 set of 2nd hand ITR springs over whitleine anyday..

Last edited by BlitZ; 22-12-2005 at 08:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    everybody always rubbishes kings. They are fine for everyday driving.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai
    everybody always rubbishes kings. They are fine for everyday driving.
    true that ^^

i have koni yellows with kings on my eg and they r fine, low and stiff like i like. i dont cart fine china round in the back so im not that fussy with ride quality. if u want ur ride decked(like me) its gonna be harsh.

also the 'perfect' sussy setup has got many other things to consider than just the springs.

shocks do make a big diff as for saggin? i wish mine would sag and i have had them for ages.
    oh wrd!

I agree, for everyday driving and everyday driving conditions Kings are fine. In reality, how hard can someone drive daily without massive tyre/fuel/car wear, a spring isnt going to be the first thing to let go.

What I am saying is that for a good spring, that will be coupled with good shocks and suspension setup (cmon, 90% people that use kings dont get shocks that are ment to be lowered, or, non standard), id swing for whitelines. In my experiances, whiteline have been 100% helpful if anything has ever gone wrong with a spring/swaybar etc not fitting or prematurly wearing. So BlitZ, i suggest you take something like that up with whiteline customer service.

With my friends that have used kings (cheap lowered spring) when we start discussing geometry, stiffer bushes, suspension setup settings etc, they normally get lost. This isnt to rubbish kings, but to just point out that many people that use kings use them because they are a cheap lowering spring.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    It cause there are heaps of those out there who bag king springs and have yet to ever use them (not targetting that about u though)...
    King springs are popular amongst the rice commnity cause they are readily available... 90% of suspension shops will sell king springs... ... they both retail at RRP $300 mark .. jsut that kings are easier to get making them cheaper ..

infact their low springs are almost the same spec as whiteline control springs.. but from what i remember the lower progressive number is lower.. adn the high is the same,,.. think it was 240lbs front and 190lbs rears...
    Last edited by BlitZ; 22-12-2005 at 06:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    I swear... you guys are such brand groupies. If it's not Eibach, Whiteline or anything that isn't a "performance" brand, it's automatically ****. Just because the ricer crowd uses them to lower, doesn't mean that you're too good to use them?
    It's not only in this thread but many others which I've noticed the same mentality...

Anyway bagging asside... do a search, I can guarantee this has been covered before.

Shock horror btw... Whiteline rates/height of springs are sometimes very similar/the same as Kings