D16A8, oil leaking???

Hi guys

i have just performed an oil change a month ago, and i just checked my oil levels, and its almost empty!!!

so i checked underneath the bottom and the oil sump plug is leaking oil, and ive never changed the sump plug before....;

so i decided to tighten it a bit more, but as you tighten it to a specific point, and you rotate the wrench 1 last time to ensure that it is tight, the sump plug slips and becomes loose again.....

Does this mean i need a new sump plug?? or a rethread???

i have heard, that you need to replace the washers on these sump plug recently, is that true?? or shall i change the whole sump plug and washers from honda??

wow..
    Sounds like u have stripped the thread ... check the sump plug thread and see if it's bald[or partially bald] .. and feel the sump plug hole to see if that thread is bald.. if any of these conditions u gotta do a rethread... or u might as well pickup a 2nd hand sump + plug from wreckers..

how troublesome is it to replace the sump?? or get it rethread??

either way the main thing is to drain the oil out... which i'd assume has already leaked out all over the floor -make sure u dispose of the spilt oil =)

easier to rethread..take it to any decent workshop[if possible..otherwise get one of those mobile mechanics] and they should b able to rethread for u.. and might as well do an oilservice @ it..

rethread it as said above ~ or not too hard to replace the sump ~ find a second hand ne at a wrecker - drain the oil beforehand ofcourse and id remove the filter too to avoid and splashing suprizes - then just remove the 10ish or so 8or 10mm nuts all around the edges of the sump plus a couple off the gearbox/block mounting if i remember. Replace the lower sump gasket too while u are at it. Then re-tighten all up and install a fresh new washer too and dont over tighten

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    the thread in your sump should be ok, 9 times out of 10 its the sump plug that gets hammerd, you should change the crush washer every time you remove the sump plug.

you can repair the thread in the sump whith out removing the sump plug.