Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I could be reading you wrong but you appear to be getting degensive? You asked people opinions and I simply offered mine; that is all. In my humble opinion the best realistically priced speakers (we sell Morellion Diamond series for around RRP$43000 but that is just stupid) is the Rainbow Reference component set. While very close to the Alpines, in back to back testing they Rainbow's were just a touch smoother.

As for your question, yes I have indeed heard them before. I have a set right here in front of me and have installed a couple now for testing. On the subject of Alpine's high end speakers, I also assisted on the Alpine car that held them and was one of the people who tested and decided they were to be given the Australian award for Sound Product of the Year as I write and test for INCAR etc. On that not I might just mention that voting is not always based on people's ears either...

So in conclusion, yes your system is extremely good but as for the best in the world? That is simply a matter of personal opinion and every persons ears are different. As long as we all enjoy our own systems that is all that matters is it not?

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Honda Prelude Si
    i want getting defensive...and i am thankful for your opinion...

shit $43000 that a damn stupid price...oh well some people will pay that for speakers.

Do you know whats going on with the alpine Type-X Subs??? I have been told by a few people that they arent in Australia yet and I have been told by others that they are...DO you know whats happening with them???

And i didnt say my system was the best, I was just saying that the SPX-Z18T's were picked as the best...I know my system is no where near being the best...

Quote Originally Posted by ludester
    shit $43000 that a damn stupid price...oh well some people will pay that for speakers.
    It is a ridiculous price for speakers and I must admit I have only ever sold one set in my life... and I thought my 10k fronts were stupid!

Do you know whats going on with the alpine Type-X Subs??? I have been told by a few people that they arent in Australia yet and I have been told by others that they are...DO you know whats happening with them???
    The Type-X's are leaking onto the market now. I have a few Type-X products here (mainly to test for the magazine) but the press usually gets first shop at new stuff, then the shops begin receiving it. Not long now dude.

I know my system is no where near being the best...
    On the contrary, it is one of the best one can get! I wouldn't complain about that system you have.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Honda Prelude Si
    Ok so do you think the Type-X subs will be in stores next month???
    I really want them for brisbane jamboree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx
    On the contrary, it is one of the best one can get! I wouldn't complain about that system you have.
    Thanks for that...There are a few things i wanted to get, but due to lack of money I couldnt get...Like the Alpine MRV-F900 and the Alpine PXA-H900...Oh well, doesnt really matter...$6000 for a amp was a little to much for my budget...

Were you one of the people picked to go on the Alpine workshop that went over seas???

Not these days - we use to attend the Alpine workshops during the late 90's. Now days it's our turn to run the workshops. We run audio seminars once a month all over the country.

The Type-X should be out within weeks...

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Honda Prelude Si
    Ok, sweet...will have to get the qld alpine rep to get 2 for me

Just got a little of my system by Marty@FHRX highly recommended !
    Thanx Champ!

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by NSX88X
    Just got a little of my system by Marty@FHRX highly recommended !
    Thanx Champ!
    I thought you are gonna show me ur new system ???
    I heard its come up really nice, show me next time . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx View Post
    Many OzHonda members have asked the question; "What the best system I can get?"...

There are a few things to decide. They are:

1. What do I want from my system? Good Bass and SQ, levels high enough to show off with
    2. What sort of music do I listen too? Rock, Electronica, Rap
    3. What is my budget? uunder $1000
    4. Do I want to compete? No
    5. Do I want A/V or just superior sound? superior sound

Description: Comp level – these types of systems is where to start when competition is planned.
    Source Unit(s): Alpine CDA-7878R / Pioneer DEH-P6550MP / Clarion DXZ846MP
    Front Speaker(s): Kicker RS6 / Boston RC620 / Diamond M661 / Focal Polyglass 165V2 / Hertz HSK 1600 / Rainbow CS 265 P3 / Morel Dotech Mk II
    Sub(s): JL Audio 12W3 / Image Dynamics IDQ12D4.V2 / Diamond M312 / Focal 33A / Hertx HX380 / Phoenix Gold TX12D
    Amplifier(s): 2 x ARC Audio 2100XXK / Audison LRx2.250 & Audison LRx1.400 / Zapco 350 & Zapco 500M / Boston GT20 & Boston GT22 / Tru-Tech T-4.65 & Tru-Tech T-2.100 / Phoenix Gold R4.0:2 & Phoenix Gold R5.0:1
    Cable: Stinger / Phoenix Gold / Audison
    right now i'm looking at JL Audio 12w3 subs and a hifonics brutus amp, do you think a 600watt amp with subs pushing 300watts each would be effective? or should i jump up to 1200watts? right now the car ahs a 7 peice stock system that handles 290watts and its ok, which makes me think 300watts alone in the subs would be nice

basically id want something that when your outside the car you can still hear it so its a little bit "showoffy", you know we want the looks when were spending quality money

so if anyone can help me with that, thanks

cliffnotes: 600watt amp enough for 2 12" JL Audio subs? or should i bump it up to 1200watts

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I guess these guys are still around after 3 years??
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt