Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US vs AUS

After checking out the model list, I still can't tell the Aussie equivalent of my EK. 98 EX (127hp, vtec, sohc, d16y8) sedan. Does your EK sedan have disk brakes all around? In the US we're stuck with drum in back. If yours are disk, I wonder how hard it would be to do a swap?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Where abouts are you from d16tuner?

Looks to me like you have the SOHC VTEC engine from our EK VTI civic coupe (its in the civic model listing in the sticky!!).

The disk/drum conversion shouldn't be too hard, but I doubt you'd see a huge improvement. Maybe consider a front disk upgrade.

Hope that helps.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    our ek sedan comes with all 4 disc breaks =)

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Yer since 92, all the Honda VTi's have come with 4discs
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

i have a 98 sohc non-v, has 4 discs, so im guessing it wont be hard model number is EK1.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Kentucky USA,

You guys suck. For that matter the whole rest of the world! We in the US get all the crap. Totally unfair. Don't we deserve cars that haven't been watered down?

Grumble, grumble...

Actually, some guys in another forum are saying it is an easy swap from a half-dozen US market cars with rear disks, even tho the cars have different bodies so I'll probably try one of those. Easier than sourcing cars parts from 12,000 mi away!

But thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    aww...dont just go yet...

stick around!!

indulge us with the US Honda scene matie!!

Like your crx's man,

I find it so funny seeing websites where guys in the USA swap ZC's into their crx's and think it's the best thing when in Australia our cars came out with that engine (d16a8). hehe 8)

The reason why the USA gets shit all in the way of specifications (ie engines, brakes etc) is that generally people in the USA dont service their cars as well as people in other countries.
    (I am quoting an ad from Nissan here so dont hate me)

Proper servicing in hondas especially is extremely important for engine longevity/reliablity etc. Thats why you guys dont get the good stuff!!!

When they realise the r35 gtr in the usa it is coming out with a v8 because that is easier to look after.

Regards,
    James.

R35? Doesn't ring a bell. Closest thing I can think of is the Infinity (Nissan) G35 which I'm pretty sure is an 280hp inline 6. And HEY part of it is the fact we don't have access to high-octane gas at the pump. Here in KY I'm lucky to have 93 if I need it. In a lot of states they don't have anything better than 91. Everything high performance sold here is detuned anyway because of the fuel. :x
    But you are right, a lot of people think if they just put gas in it'll run to 300,000 miles no prob :roll:

I think I spend more time wrenching on my stock civic than I do driving it. I just like it, altho I can't say whether I'm doing more harm than good...

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    you got a pic of ur ride dude??

post it in the Intro...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    crx_16x, Skylines are quite rare in the U.S..but surely you've heard of a 32, 33, or 34 'GTR'? It's only the KING of street cars :lol:

I think what you say may be true, eg. The 200sx in the states is the 240sx, it has 2.4ltr n/a engine which is a complete bummer :cry:

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by crx_16x
    Like your crx's man,

When they realise the r35 gtr in the usa it is coming out with a v8 because that is easier to look after.

Regards,
    James.
    Im pretty sure were getting the same...Cos nissan wanna compete with Holden and ford apparently.