Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    How much you guys get from an EG vti manual?

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by cph3r View Post
    DC4 on BP Ultimate

I've never seen 500km on the odometer =[
    Low fuel light comes on at about 350, but I know I have plenty of fuel left.
    Most I have ever put in at the pump is 42L.

I'll drive on average 35-50 KM monday to friday, so shortish trips, and varies on the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Same as me mate, BP ult, fuel light round 350. However i've never seen over 380 on my trip meter. Never filled more than 38L though. Short trips in peak hour so bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Really? I've pushed mine to 500 before on BP Ultimate, with short trips/start and stopping and everything. Only difference was I shifted at 2.5-3k rpm all day every day. No Vtec ofcourse too lol.
    DC4s have a 50L tank right? Or is it actually 40. I've never pushed it further than 38L cos it sits BELOW empty and fuel light on. I feel like seeing a number above 400 but don't wanna break down!
    I know the reason im getting much more mileage that you guys.
    its gonna sound silly pointless and slightly defectable but you would get 150+ a tank.
    go to an exhaust shop and tell them to make you an axelback straight through with a hotdog resinator instead of a muffler.
    because the standard muffler is soo restrictive you lose power.
    but doing this you will have minimal torque gain but more high end...and i give my car quite a bit everyday....4krpm here 5k there. somtimes 7.2k but im getting more than you guys when being concervative and im not trying.
    when i do shift at 2-3.5k i would get around town about 550kms. highway close to 750kms....

btw sorry about spelling mistakes.
    Welcome Abourd

How much it cost ya for a straight through with hotdog? And is it loud?

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    yehh its quite loud mate!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnG67cmyn8
    mines the maroon dc4 thats loud with kinda whistle to the exhaust note!

and i got mine mates rates for $100 but it would probs cost like $175 and its kinda hard to get someone who would actually do it
    Welcome Abourd

^lool watched the whole 5 minutes and saw your car about 2 times... i couldn't isolate which sound was yours but i'm guessing it was the one that sounded like a bee.

Also... how do people get good mileage on freeway? Maintaining a speed of 100 keeps the revs at 2700... it drained my fuel bad

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    590kms with spirited driving/mostly freeway driving.
    From full tank to fuel light
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by integragsi96 View Post
    its gonna sound silly pointless and slightly defectable but you would get 150+ a tank.
    go to an exhaust shop and tell them to make you an axelback straight through with a hotdog resinator instead of a muffler.
    but doing this you will have minimal torque gain but more high end...and i give my car quite a bit everyday....4krpm here 5k there. somtimes 7.2k but im getting more than you guys when being concervative and im not trying.
    when i do shift at 2-3.5k i would get around town about 550kms. highway close to 750kms....

When you shift? It's auto?

I get roughly 480-540 km's / 50L tank (usually run it down to about 7 litres), spirited driving

Most I've ever had was 623km's, some freeway, some heavy footed driving around town. hoping to crack 650 next time i try but its soooo hard
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    but doing this you will have minimal torque gain but more high end...
    ????Please explain this in a little more in-deatil????
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Muffler...hotdog...are they so different? lol

Hotdog or 'mid-muffler' as some people call it. I thought it was the same thing almost, except that the rear muffler is supposed to be somewhat more aesthetic and made for tone/sound quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    up to 650km high driving

usually around 400-450 suburban driving with alot of hooning

pretty happy with that, pretty much the same fuel economy as the b18

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe

lmfao lololol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI
    ive got a Hotdog exhaust, its not LOUD LOUD, but it does the job with its loudness. i dont know how many DB's it would be though. still legal since never pull over i guess.

Integra GSI 97' get up to ~510km's to a full tank of fuel (50L), mainly suburban. anyone else roughly get the same?
    really taking it easy, hardly any hard take offs.

fuel usually safeway (woolworths) 91 octane petrol.

only mod/s is a pod filter and a 'Hotdog' exhaust (from what i hear its called).
    Last edited by Skyline_034; 27-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.