Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Both Shell and BP are excellent.

BP burns noticeably cleaner than Shell though, so I only use BP.

If you can find one, Mobil Premium is also tops.

Spot on IMO

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Diesel
    CL9 accord euro i get 550-600km when light comes on shell optimax 98 from work to home mainly , how many more km's can i do when light comes on ?

Quote Originally Posted by liberty68 View Post
    CL9 accord euro i get 550-600km when light comes on shell optimax 98 from work to home mainly , how many more km's can i do when light comes on ?
    Next time you fill up, reset your Trip timer. Then when you go to fill your tank up again, fill it till it stops. Now look at the amount of litres that has been pumped in and divide the amount of KM's driven. eg. 600km / 60L's =10l/100km. If your tank has a maximum capacity of 65Litres's, you have 50km's worth of fuel left.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    184 km and 20.05 litres BP Ultimate so it works out to be about 10.8 l / 100km. 2nd time I calculated with more VTECing, it was 11 l / 100km. ITR B18C. I/H/E + bigger fuel pump + fuel rails. Not tuned. RPM also idles at around 1200 when warm >_>

Sorry for reviving such an old thread.
    I just got my DC2R it's pretty much bone stock except an SRI, and I'm gettin 10.95L/100KM, I pretty much shift at 3.5-5k rpm most of the time and since I just got it, there's plentyyy of spirited driving. Does that sound about normal for my fuel consumption?

Yeah thats about right for a dc2r (unless you do some hectic freeway driving, in which case it wouldn't be). SRI might be hurting it a little bit as you're sucking in hotter air leading to less efficient combustion or some shit. Most likely negligible though, but fuel economy should decrease over time as your pod gets dirty faster than one that is enclosed

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Not a Teg, but just filled up my EH9 D16Y1. 441.1KMs for 39.20L. I use BP Premium 95 (since Y1 is AUDM and all...). Works out to 8.89L/100KM. That's mostly mild driving with the occasional squirt.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Sounds about right
    part time potato

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Best I have ever got was 537km before my light came on. Half of that was highway driving and I managed to get right up behind a Ford Territory and just cruise at 115km/hour in his slipstream with SFA throttle haha.

Well my k's have very very little highway driving, and i consider my shift points pretty damn high, but once I settle down in the car I'll check my consumption again during granny driving sessions, back when I bought my brand new impreza rs, I hit 15L/100km and thought what the heck was wrong, but once I calmed down abit it went to the 10L/100km mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    with my auto dc4 i get:
    650-750kms- highway only. (interstate traveling)
    450-500kms - around town and motorways.
    400-450kms intown and city driving
    300-350kms mountain runs/ track.
    this is all on vpower!
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    EG.RIP.CBR250RR
    V-Power or BP Ultimate

Mixed cruising and hitting vtec every now and then i get about 460 with 4 L or so left!
    best ive had so far is 525 with 5L left in tank!

02 DC5R