Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Fill up tank until full. Click until it almost starts to flow over.
    Reset the trip meter.
    drive until fuel gets rather low... (fuel light came on in my case)
    GO back to same fuel bowser and fill again. Click until it almost starts to flow over.

Note the amount of fuel in litres used.
    Note the amount of kilometers traveled on trip meter.

use calculator: (Litres/kilometers) x 100

THe reason why i got such good economy because my tyres were so worn and it was raining lots in Melb... drove around like a pussy and trying new shift points... (shifting to 6th gear at 60km/h)

Originally posted by Hadean:
    drove around like a pussy and trying new shift points...
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by K20AR
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggy-Vtir
    ill give it a service dis weekend =) see wat diff it makes
    mayb thats all it needs.

what oil do u use?
    i own a civic aswell, ive always used mobile 1
    I use mobil 1 5-50. I've found in the EK VTIR it tends to gulp more fuel than the teg if you rev it a bit during that driving period on that tank.
    5-50 is pretty thick for street usage I would recommend 0-40 or 10-30...but for track usage the added protection of the 5-50 grade oil will be better although it does rob power just a little.

cheers
    why do you think 5 - 50 is thick?
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    damn

i only get 9.6km/l or 10.4l/100km

i'm runnin B18B2 with hurricane air filter and 2 1/4 cat back system

is this abnormal fuel consumption?

cheers

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    B18B?

The figures most people are quoting are freeway I think. Around town with heavy throttly usage and I drop to about 350km/tank
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    B18B?

The figures most people are quoting are freeway I think. Around town with heavy throttly usage and I drop to about 350km/tank
    engine from gsi teg Pete.

I generally do half city/half open road. Just did 435km with 15 L left.

I've found still that in the civic you notice the fuel drop quite a lot with heavy throttly usage and you know the way I drive the teg, it still does pretty well even when I rev it...still usually get to 400kms before pouring and no yellow light. Only few times under that would have been after wakefield :wink:
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    SIR
    I get 520-550km from 40l of optimax, that is city + highway driving and occasional vtec. :wink:

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    I just filled up this morning and I had 517km on the clock. This was with occasional vtec and cruising. I usually fill up with 450-500kms but I thought I'd push it this time. I think the light goes on and you can still go an extra 50 to maybe 100 kms.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    i only ever fill up $20's worth of BP Ultimate (19-22L's, calculated as an average over the last 10 weeks). i get around 310~k's before i get scared of sucking up to much crap fromt he bottom of the tank. This driving is normal mix of city/suburbs. I usually put it into 5th whenever i can, but sqirt it around for traffic lights and other random drags. Its a d16y1.

The way i calculated these is bascailly as watch for the first signs of empty tank light.. But yer, i only fill halfway due to thats all i need for a weeks driving, and i end up carrying less weight round due to less fuel. if i use optimax i will seriously drop about 40k's per tank, its a very noticeable difference.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    damn, i think i use a little too much throttle too often :wink:

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    sorry to post in an old thread but im new here heheh

Used to get about 450kms with about 10 - 15 L left in tank with Optimax.
    farkkk that is excellent Q!!! in the civic, i get about 350kms, with about 7litres left, i think the tank is about 40L's??? this is mainly driving on parra road to the city n back to my home.... never really got over 400 km's, don't even recall it ever reaching over 400..... howcome it takes so much petrol??? i dun even vtec that much... oh yeh forgot, my car is a civic vtir..

300 Kms max! Not even tuned properly yet with stock injectors.Mind you I don't even hit 4,500 so no vtec!