Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti

Problem: Engine won't start after changing the Thermostat in my EG??

Hey guys, in need of some urgent help, just finished changing the thermo in my civic as it was playing up and causing the car to overheat. anyways now when i try and turn the car on, it won't even begin to start turning over?

any ideas what it might be?

everything went pretty smoothly besides when my spanner touchedd something in the engine and it made a small spark. car was turn off though.

I've currently got my car jacked up and coolant is flushed waiting to put the new coolant it...

Cheers in advance

Member Array
    Well to begin with I wouldnt start the car without coolant in it...

We need to know what exactly its doing when you turn the key.

Which senario is it:

1. You turn the key, warning lights appear but the starter motor wont even fire.
    2. You turn the key and abosolutely NOTHING happens (definately something to do with the battery)
    3. You turn the key, the starter motor makes noise trying to start but cant.

?

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    na i didn't try t ostart it without coolant, this was before i drained the coolant. although at the time a bit of the coolant came out when i took off the thermo housing to replace the thermo. could it not be starting due to a lack of coolant?

the sceario is that when i turn the key, warning lights go on, but starter motor won't fire.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    seems like you earthed out your starter motor.
    i've seen em blow when they earth out.
    but sometimes they don't.
    there's a little plug, on the end of the starter motor small one, use a test light and crank the motor, if it lights up, your starter motor is most probably gone.
    if there is no power, check fuses.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Ignition Fuse!!!!
    Check all ya fuses...

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    From first inspection fuses seem to be alright, but i'll go over then again properly. Is it only the ignition fuse in the engine bay that i should check out, any other particular ones?

Destrukshn, just waiting for my mate to come over with his test light and i'll give that i go too...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    In my old Lancer i had the exact same problem cause by the same thing. It was the ignition fuse that had been blown. Replaced the fuse, and away she started.
    Check all the fuses anyway, they should all be right next to each other, so might aswell check them all.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    thanks fro you help guys, but problem fixed. My dumb a$$ accidently unplugged the cable from teh start motor when i was trying to undo the bolts on the thermos' housing lol works a treat now.

How Blonde

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    lol... big deal, like u've never made a silly mistake

Thanks for your help anyways guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    LOL.
    No problem, we all make silly mistakes like that.