Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Encor3
    could it be a competitor to the mitsubishi 380 ??
    the specs (cept engine) are very similar..

lol not even close....try the accord v6
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3 honda jazz VTIS

new civic

Honda Australia official launch new civic on 22 feb 2006
    From $20,990 + ORC and D.D
    4 models
    VTI
    VTI-L
    SPORT (2L)
    HYBRID 1.3L IMA electric assist 85KW (170NM!)

R18A 103KW and K20A (integra luxuryengine 114KW (de-tuned))

Bede from vtechnique took some pics.
    you guys can askhim for pics.
    As i driven honda Australia's DEMO. on 21 FEB 2005.
    Very impressive. Full on. The car handles close to 4WD.
    corner very very fast and very good ABS and 6 STARS NCAP crash rating. The Maximum score for crash test. Euro4 edmission.

Our dealer sold 16 cars before the launch. very good car. sharp price.

JOHN CHEN
    Honda Sales consultant
    (Western Australia division)
    Last edited by GD3-typeR; 23-02-2006 at 03:06 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    I just drove the new VTI-L automatic,my impressions were :

-The dynamics of the car excellent
    - The instrumentation is clear and very legible,I was suprised at how
    the digital speedo was so easy to read.
    -Seats were very comfortable and supportive.
    -Ride was very good,but don't let it fool anyone that the car isn't "chuckable because I certainly gave it a bit of test around curves, corners ,and roundabouts and to my suprise it performed extremely well.
    -Brakes excellent.
    _ overall the styling of the car is fine the "nose" still gives me problems,I would try to get an after market grille if I ever bought one.

I was quoted $23,887.70 on the road,for a VTI 5 speed with metallic paint .Does this quote seem reasonable !?!

I went to honda dealership today (melville) to have a look, I was impresed by the look of civic sport, very nice lines, and inside it look very expesive, as if you were looking at better europian brands (BMW, audi ect).

I was let down when I asked if Type R model or Si will be coming to OZ, of course they said NO

too bad the 2.0L sport is too dear... add abit and one can get euro

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    Yep !.I was quoted $33,000,drive away, for the manual Civic Sports.It does seem that the pricing is close to the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13

compare it to other cars in the same market its well priced indeed.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    dont know if its already been posted but it seems that mugen hasn't wasted any time designing bits for it
    http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/
    its a pretty good lookin thing when its decked out with mugen

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6

Review of the Civic Sport

The Herald-Sun review of the Civic Sport(17-3-06)showed that again the Civic is not at the top of it's class.It didn't come as a big suprise to me ,eventhough it did score well.
    I know it is only one review but,being a new model it should have shown that it is a cut above the rest,not EQUAL to the rest!
    It scored well in the fit and finish area.Equipment wise,being the "Sport " model it was praised.
    Ride was ok,but not the class leader.The 2 litre engine,the writer believed that there wasn't that much difference in power with the 1.8 litre.
    I still believe that the Civic is targeted to the over 35's,it seems to have too much American influence in design and the suspenion is not really tuned to Australian roads/conditions.
    I still believe that the "sport " is overpriced and not worth the almost $10,000 over the VTI model.

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    mate that mugen civic is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by fasthonda
    The Herald-Sun review of the Civic Sport(17-3-06)showed that again the Civic is not at the top of it's class.It didn't come as a big suprise to me ,eventhough it did score well.
    I know it is only one review but,being a new model it should have shown that it is a cut above the rest,not EQUAL to the rest!
    It scored well in the fit and finish area.Equipment wise,being the "Sport " model it was praised.
    Ride was ok,but not the class leader.The 2 litre engine,the writer believed that there wasn't that much difference in power with the 1.8 litre.
    I still believe that the Civic is targeted to the over 35's,it seems to have too much American influence in design and the suspenion is not really tuned to Australian roads/conditions.
    I still believe that the "sport " is overpriced and not worth the almost $10,000 over the VTI model.
    Yes, the Civic Sport is overpriced at $35K.
    A colleague just paid $37K driveaway for the new Rav4 Cruiser. He rather have that over the Civic. He said the engine is bigger, vehicle is bigger, made in Japan, ESP is included, dual auto climate air-con, more storage places, 17" alloys, 6 speakers, lighted front cup holders, lighted driver / passenger vanity mirrors, blah, blah, blah.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    even you guys think it is overpriced, it still sold very well especially the SPorts Version.