Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2R #399
    trade prices thats the go!!! lucky i can scam that to, thanks OZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    i put lucas pads in my car recently and i havent had any real problems. On a good thrash around the twisties they dont seem to suffer from fade like the stock pads but i havent taken the car on a track day since i put the new pads in. If you are after some pads with stock pedal feel and good bite these are pretty decent. Also half the price of the OEM pads too.

delphi pads are really good

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Yes. I agree with you. Balance is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    remember to get equal rated pads for both front and back ~ im sure the differences will surely unbalance your car on the limit.

Member Array
    judging by comments, everyone is saying OEM..
    is there a particular brand thats a bit better then OEM??

is EBC (that green stuff brand) really overkill for street?
    my car is daily driven but i'd rather pay extra for better stopping

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2R #399
    thanks to all for there wisdom, the time has come and pads will be purchased next weekend!!! at this stage OEM looks like the go, but last chance for any opinioins, EBC greenstuff? thought about these??? or any other aftermarkets worth mentioning??? im open to all opinions thanks again

EBC has direct OEM replacements for cars. You don't have to get GreenStuff from EBC if you don't want to. It's called EBC Ultimax.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com.au/html/pro...asp#Brake_Pads

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by OZ#227
    ...agree with the above.

But Honda OEM pads are fine for the rears, But the OEM fronts don't handle track days very well. You'll overheat the fronts and burn em up.

I did an EBC upgrade to the front. Sports rotors (Dimpled not Cross-drilled & Slotted) and the EBC Red Ceramic Pads on the front. With braided line all round. Much better. Brakes are warm after a sec worth of light drag on the brakes. All good after that.
    The only time you really notice the cold pads is the first hit of the brakes on Cold winter morning. Bit wooden that first hit, but fine after that.
    I find now-a-days I do a touch of the brakes, before I really need em.

Maybe the sports have done that to me...I hadn't really thought about it before.
    Sounds good......................what's the dust like??????????

Member Array
    Car:
    Swift ZC31s
    I have competed in the CAMS NSW Supersprint Championship in Oran Park and Eastern Creek driving a standard Honda Civic Vtir using standard Honda pads. The OEM Honda pads are very good and will usually last 2-3 track days. Just make sure you have at least 50% meat on the pads before you start a track day. And always bed-in the pads.

What pad you chose depends on what brake fluid you are running and what tyres (street or semis). No point getting 700 degrees brake pads when you are using OEM DOT4 brake fluid and street tyres. Your racing pads may last 15 laps but your brake fluid will boil in 3 and tyres overheat in 4 laps.