Max power: 350W
    Nominal: 80W

or

Infinity Kappa 692.7i - roughly $280, still waiting on a confirmed price
    Max Power: 310W
    Nominal: 110W

Total for Pioneer - $690
    Total for Infinity - $830

I'm happy with the way the pioneer's sound but do like the Infinity's more but then the pioneer setup would be $140 cheaper... or should i save up for more n get a Infinity Kappa Perfect set-up (would sooo love to have these.... lol).

Main genre's of music i listen to are dance/trance/techno and R'n'B/hip-hop

I'm not brand biased so i'm open to all suggestions and opinions
    =)

edit: i'm looking for some bass but not massive amounts hence i haven't mentioned any subs.
    Last edited by Fr3aKi3; 28-12-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    There are much better front splits out there than Pioneer for that sort of money.

I would steer clear of Pioneer for all speaker requirements

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    he is on a budget tho
    so best value for money he'd b lookn for
    n i fink pioneer is pretty decent
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    get some Focal splits for the front, and for 280 bucks u can get a good set of splits, for rear fill stear clear of the 6x9's get some coaxials, and finish it off with a 10 or 12 inch sub

All can be had for 1000 bucks, as long as ur willin to install it urself. btw FHRX is a good place to get quality parts.

www.fhrxstudios.com
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    whats the TS-C160R ive got TS-D160R also in rear have mb quart 6x9

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    What car is this going in?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECACCORD
    get some Focal splits for the front, and for 280 bucks u can get a good set of splits, for rear fill stear clear of the 6x9's get some coaxials, and finish it off with a 10 or 12 inch sub

All can be had for 1000 bucks, as long as ur willin to install it urself. btw FHRX is a good place to get quality parts.

www.fhrxstudios.com
    Wasn't really looking at gettin a sub,
    Had a look at the Focal's and the 165V1 are in my price range but havnt heard em so any opinions on them?

Quote Originally Posted by ek4-guy
    whats the TS-C160R ive got TS-D160R also in rear have mb quart 6x9
    TS-C160R are Pioneer's current yellow cone components.
    http://www.pioneer.com.au/car_entert...60r/index.html

Just had a quick look around on the pioneer site and found the TS-D160R, its been replaced by the TS-D161S.

Edit:
    Vtc - It will be going into an ek, most probably a hatch but possibly a sedan.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    Ok cool.. where it sorta depends what sound you get. Like even with very good speakers its hard to go pass a sub. if i was on a budget id go sub and amp. and thats about it. The normal speakers are "good enough". RNB is all about the bass... so go splits and sub.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic GLi
    if the amp you running can put out that much power, i think u should go for infinity so that you can fully utilise your amp, remember the Infinity Kappa 60.7 (2005 model) running at 2Ohm load, not 4 Ohm, so make sure your amp is 2Ohm stable, or get infinity Kappa 60.5 which running at 4Ohm load (older model).

for rear, get whatever that fit in and without any modification, if you not running sub, then 6x9 will be enough to produce the bass u required, check other brand like Fusion, Kenwood or even Alpine.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Pioneer are crap for $270. You can get all sorts of better quality stuff at that level. Crossfire, Hertz, Focal, Vibe, etc. Crossfires retail at $230ish and will shit on the Pioneers. I just don't understand why everyone goes for the mainstream stuff all the time (Pioneer, Sony, etc)...well i do (thanks to marketing) but do a bit of research and you will see that there is a whole new world beyond pioneer and sony...

I know you don't want a sub, but you would be 100 times better off running a 10" sub and retaining factory rears, than replacing the rears with 6x9s and having no sub.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    Pioneer are crap for $270. You can get all sorts of better quality stuff at that level. Crossfire, Hertz, Focal, Vibe, etc. Crossfires retail at $230ish and will shit on the Pioneers. I just don't understand why everyone goes for the mainstream stuff all the time (Pioneer, Sony, etc)...well i do (thanks to marketing) but do a bit of research and you will see that there is a whole new world beyond pioneer and sony...

I know you don't want a sub, but you would be 100 times better off running a 10" sub and retaining factory rears, than replacing the rears with 6x9s and having no sub.
    Thats right, dont pay for brand and marketing cost, if you go to some local car audio shop and audition some not so famous but quality brand like Morel, Diamond Audio, you'll find they will still impress you and it sounds heaps better than those popular brand.

get a good pair of splits up front.
    decent sub in a good box.
    powered with 4ch amp.
    dont worry about the rear speakers. you dont want a sub now, but once u get one you will never go back.

btw when are u getting ur EK?
    TVIS - Toyota VTEC imitation system