Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    na pix fine with me. refresh your page and delete your old internet files and have a fresh load

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    dont work for me either in FF or IE
    WTB: [SYD] Cheap Gen 2 CRX (or shell)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    i called up peter warren today and they say honda doesnt make a kit for my EJ8. are they wrong? would like a EK4 for example use the same kind of BMC? coz if they dont then im gonna need an entirely new BMC >.<

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by shinji112 View Post
    i called up peter warren today and they say honda doesnt make a kit for my EJ8. are they wrong? would like a EK4 for example use the same kind of BMC? coz if they dont then im gonna need an entirely new BMC >.<
    i asked too. and they said with regards with EK4 they dont have a rebuild kit. you have to purchase the 2 pistons separately...i got quoted 150$ for the 2 pistons how about you?

im not sure if the EJ8 and EK4 are compatible, however the EK9 i can use on my EK4. check the part number. make sure it is ABS compatible.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    pm me your VIN #,

I might be able to get you a kit

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    i asked too. and they said with regards with EK4 they dont have a rebuild kit. you have to purchase the 2 pistons separately...i got quoted 150$ for the 2 pistons how about you?

im not sure if the EJ8 and EK4 are compatible, however the EK9 i can use on my EK4. check the part number. make sure it is ABS compatible.
    the guy said i could only buy a whole new BMC which would set me back $238 plus GST. i called up hannys and they said they have the seals but not the pistons =(

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    pm me your VIN #,

I might be able to get you a kit
    ECU man ill pm u my VIN. so let me know if you can find a kit or not

the guy said i could only buy a whole new BMC which would set me back $238 plus GST. i called up hannys and they said they have the seals but not the pistons =(
    well i got quoted the pistons so yea. for a new BMC i got quoted around same price as you.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    i rang peter warren today.

$60.35 for a rebuild kit (2 pistons, seals, crush washer)

or $380 for new BMC

thats for EG Si

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    EK/EJ is different to EG,

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    yeah i realise that but i was just giving some prices for anyone with an eg...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    hey mike, i was told if the bore was broken a rebuilt wont fix the problem. how can i tell if the bore is too damaged for a fix?

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    I was about to ask this same question.

Mine was leaking in a major way. Was loosing complete reseviours full of fluid. I've taken it apart now and there are marks on the bore. Just not sure if these are scores deep enough to render it useless. Is there any definite way to tell?

Also. My car is an imported cb3 and has an h22a swap done before I bought it. So I'm not totally sure what BMC I have and what part to ask for. Says it's a Nissin part and has 15/16 on it. Does this give any clues? The local honda parts dept hates my car so I doubt they'll be very helpful.

thanks