Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

30k s2k wif high ks or 35k wif low ks...HELP URGENT!

hey guys, my 1st post in the forum...oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY1 !!

neways im lookin to purchase an s2k in the new two week or so. have a few questions. (each highlighted in diff colours)

Qns1.

i got 1 offer for 30gs for a s2k (114000ks) it has aftermarket exhaust,tint windows, struts, shockers.

another off for around 33-34gs for a stock s2k (66000ks)

now my prob is, which 1 should i go for?! im probably lookin for drive the car for a long time, so maybe it would be better off being a car wif low ks. but im also goin to mod it later on, so chosing the 1st option would save me abit of cash...

wat u guys think??

Qns2.

im in VIC and purchasing the car interstate (NSW), do i need to get a RWC from VIC or can a RWC b supplied by a NSW mechanic and then regoed in VIC??

Qns3.

wise for me to purchase the car and drive it down? or have it delivered? and roughly how much would it cost? (nsw to vic)

Qns4.

how much roughly a inspection would cost? i dont wanna go up to syndey to buy a car i dnt want... and wat would be a good company to do it with? (RACV , NRMA etc)

lol dats all the qns i have for now.
    cheers guys.

For question 1, id much rather a dead stock car, because there's less chance its been abused (opinion i know, i just don't trust car's with exausts and intakes for some reason). The lower KM is just another benefit. When your spending so much money, imo you'd be stupid not to spend that extra little bit for the more perfected car. Better resale too.

#3. Thats completely up to you, i enquired about having a car shipped from victoria to the gold coast, and if i recal, the quotes were close to $1000. Your proberbly better getting a plane ticket and flying up to inspect it before hand.

#4. Not sure, but you'd be better to inspect it yourself aswell. You can't take other people's opinion on the car. Surely there are s2000's for sale in victoria.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by gxiang
    Qns1.

i got 1 offer for 30gs for a s2k (114000ks) it has aftermarket exhaust,tint windows, struts, shockers.

another off for around 33-34gs for a stock s2k (66000ks)

now my prob is, which 1 should i go for?! im probably lookin for drive the car for a long time, so maybe it would be better off being a car wif low ks. but im also goin to mod it later on, so chosing the 1st option would save me abit of cash...

wat u guys think?? .

IMO i go for the low k's one since u can always find some cheap part from most of the trader in here New and 2nd hand, i can help u to find the part for ur s2k too

Qns2.

im in VIC and purchasing the car interstate (NSW), do i need to get a RWC from VIC or can a RWC b supplied by a NSW mechanic and then regoed in VIC??.
    with this one i'm not really sure, but before with my NSX i bought it in NSW but registered in QLD, i dont need any RWC from NSW but i need QLD one before the Queensland transport can issue the rego

Qns3.

wise for me to purchase the car and drive it down? or have it delivered? and roughly how much would it cost? (nsw to vic).
    why not u can enjoy the sound of the s2k along the HWY back to Melbourne its just amazing, as far as i know its gonna cost u around $400 to use a carrier by TNT

Qns4.

how much roughly a inspection would cost? i dont wanna go up to syndey to buy a car i dnt want... and wat would be a good company to do it with? (RACV , NRMA etc)
    its always better if u have someone u can trust in Sydney / NSW that can help u inspect the car, where about in NSW the car located? maybe i can go there and help u out then take it to my mechanic Hannys Performance he licenced for service NSX, i never trust RACV , NRMA etc

Cheers
    Laski

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    does the one with 118,000kms for 30k happen to be a berlina black one? with ozzie tyre styled rims? if so that car has been through alot of owners and was recently auctioned off at the sydney auctions.

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    For question 1, id much rather a dead stock car, because there's less chance its been abused (opinion i know, i just don't trust car's with exausts and intakes for some reason). The lower KM is just another benefit. When your spending so much money, imo you'd be stupid not to spend that extra little bit for the more perfected car. Better resale too.

#3. Thats completely up to you, i enquired about having a car shipped from victoria to the gold coast, and if i recal, the quotes were close to $1000. Your proberbly better getting a plane ticket and flying up to inspect it before hand.

#4. Not sure, but you'd be better to inspect it yourself aswell. You can't take other people's opinion on the car. Surely there are s2000's for sale in victoria.

I LIVE on the Gold Coast, and I'm going to be flying DOWN to VIC to buy my S2000 / RX7 because QLD doesn't have shit in terms of cars.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

does the one with 118,000kms for 30k happen to be a berlina black one? with ozzie tyre styled rims? if so that car has been through alot of owners and was recently auctioned off at the sydney auctions.
    are you talkin bout this one on carsales.com ?? if so no its not this one. altho i would of prefer if the car i want is black wif red leather
    CLICK HERE TO VIEW CAR

and yea i guess i would prefer a stock car being on the safe side of things, plus the stock s2k is more than enuff for me to handle hehe, maybe wear it out abit and upgrade it later the low Ks would mean i could use it for a long time (its gona b a daily driver)

thx for the replys guys!
    Last edited by gxiang; 02-01-2006 at 11:30 AM.

its always better if u have someone u can trust in Sydney / NSW that can help u inspect the car, where about in NSW the car located? maybe i can go there and help u out then take it to my mechanic Hannys Performance he licenced for service NSX, i never trust RACV , NRMA etc
    well i have had three offers and all three are located in NSW. i duno if the suburb is near sydney or not

1. Castle Hill
    2. Campsie
    3. Goulburn

(in order of preference)

would be great if some1 from the forum could take a look maybe go for a cruise too wif u when i come down to syd

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs
    I LIVE on the Gold Coast, and I'm going to be flying DOWN to VIC to buy my S2000 / RX7 because QLD doesn't have shit in terms of cars.
    obviously, hence what i mean, victoria has heaps of cars. Even all the nice prelude's are down there.

Im just slightly below the gold coast, in the northern nsw area. I know the lack of good cars here, its all commodore's and patrols.
    Last edited by 91'lude; 02-01-2006 at 11:52 AM.

well i have had three offers and all three are located in NSW. i duno if the suburb is near sydney or not

1. Castle Hill
    2. Campsie
    3. Goulburn

(in order of preference)

would be great if some1 from the forum could take a look maybe go for a cruise too wif u when i come down to syd
    castle hill is about 45-1 hr drive north of sydney cbd
    campsie (not so sure about this one)30-45 minutes drive..
    goulburn is very far ... about 2-3 hours drive south.. its near wakefield park..

goulburn is very far ... about 2-3 hours drive south.. its near wakefield park..
    umm...so its even closer to melb mite jst drive up there n drive bak hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    yeh best for you is to fly up and inspect the car yourself then either a drive it back to melb or put it on the tasmanian spirit.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    id go for the lower K's

also what year is each of them because that would also help me determin which one to get.

idd drive it back. being a honda you have a high chance you wont have any troubles. just check the oil coolant and belt. ( I like taking risk and adventures )