Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^^no it wouldn't normally do that.. it's coz the dial faces i got were translucent and just painted over hence why light goes through the whole face...

but yeah i agree about the hotspots..... these things made great parkers though!!!

the alternative i had before that didn't have hotspots and was damn wide and bright was:

or

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    anyways don't wanna hi-jack the thread as i did have a legit question i think...

can people please advise how many T10s and T5s in TOTAL there are for their cluster and list the vehicle model.

And original thread poster keep the first post updated. i'm sure it'd help everyone plan ahead.

Thanks in advance

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Emily
    Quote Originally Posted by A.G.System View Post
    You dont have to remove the plastic of the cluster because all the globes are able to be accessed from th rear.

IF you do try to remove the plastic be VERY careful because if you break one of the tabs you will need to find a replacement lens/cover.
    From the rear?
    You mean from under the steering wheel?
    Are there any screws to take out (any covers?), and how easily is it to access the cluster lights?

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    if i wanna change the colours 2 blue, do people reccomend replacement LED's or caps?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    ohh man i started this thread ages ago wen i had my civic. now i have a teg.

in my civic i think it was 2 T10 bulbs and 3 T5 bulbs (t10 parker type t 5 smaller)

in my teg its just 3 T10 bulbs.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    dont use LED's as they shine 1 direction or caps.. get colored bulbs or get paint and dip them as u see nigs pictures on page 5 he is using colored bulbs..

here is a pic of mine wit paint dipping
    Last edited by lenz; 03-11-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Emily
    Quote Originally Posted by lenz View Post
    dont use LED's as they shine 1 direction or caps.. get colored bulbs or get paint and dip them as u see nigs pictures on page 5 he is using colored bulbs..

here is a pic of mine wit paint dipping
    Looking good
    How many bulbs did you change in total, lenz?
    How many were T5 and how many were T10? Or any other types?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    love this photo lol made it to my display picture and background hahaha

im very keen will do this to mine

oh yea you could look at using flurescent paint on the needles and maybe setting up a black light like a UV led over each
    cluster

speedo
    tacho
    fuel/temp

make em glow?
    Last edited by Riviera; 15-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Can you do the climate control lights aswell? Whats envolved with that. I have a CTR clutster which is orange and the standard Climate control which is white/ green.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Emily
    Anyone know what bulbs (and how many of each) are used in the clusters of the EK/EM1??
    T5? T10?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5

Anyone? Melbourne?

Anyone here in Melb interested in this DIY? I've got an EG, and I'm planning to change the bulbs in my cluster and cliamte control. Just wondering if anyone is interested in getting it done together?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    holy crap.. not sure if this is the same for EG/DC but i just took off my Del Sol cluster and ALL the bulbs are T5s.

x8 for all the warnings/signals/etc
    x7 for all gauges inc fuel/temp

HOWEVER, the T5/286 plugs only hold bulbs of 4.6mm any that have the widest point well beyond 5mm will not be able to screw it back on...

Unfortunately, I cannot find ANY T5 LEDs anywhere that are under 5mm... looking to buy plugs that have a wider fit at this stage... damn ay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.