Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ VTI-S

TODA Australia made VS Japan

Hi,

I have just received the TODA CAI that I purchased off Pete. Let me just say, Australian made wins. For everyone that wants real performance gains with a bolt on then I suggest you contact TODA Australia the developers and manufacturers of this brilliant product.

I am in somewhat dismayed that this product did not get far greater support from the JAZZ community. With all the topics on modifying you car, we had a company here in Australia, accessible who took the iniative to develop and produce a true bolt on product with provable performance increases through the use of a dyno and no one supported it except JUST10 and Petrovski.

I am an industrial designer and I take it off to TODA for the development of this product. To bend a piece of tube through the tight engine bay of the JAZZ and into the side panel, where the OEM CAI is situated is quite an achievement.

It took about 30min to fit including removal of OEM filter box.

I have a Jazz VTI-s 2003 model, the only mods are front lower and upper bars and rear bars. Lowering in a week or two and require ground leads to fit.

What made it such a worthy purchase, first gear is no longer short revving to 6,500 easily, this is then followed all throught the gear ranges. The car no longer gasps at high revs where the VTEC engine performs at its best. 5% more power is easily achieved and more than likely double that.

Sound wise, it just makes a sweet noise over the OEM box. Not loud just sweet.

Will consider larger diameter extractors if anyone has some? This may complete the engine mods for this car.

This JAZZ is the family car.

I just hope that this product will be available in the future, for the development of modding a great simple car.

Cheers

Benjamin

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    is it actually branded toda? isnt it a custom trial thingy a while back? think a write-up has been done already http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...light=jazz+cai
    arrowz
    SiR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Too bad they dont make them for autos..

Whats better- this or an Apexi pod?

The CAI is a Toda Racing Cai for the Jazz. Toda Australia is authorised to be the Distributors for many reasons, this being one of them.

And yes, the CAI is a worthy mod to do for the Jazz, having experienced the difference and noting back to back dyno tests, its proven and well worth the money.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    i got custom made on mine as well, apexi isnt as good it locates the pod in the middle of the engine bay but to my knowledge fits auto.
    Only thing about mine is the fact that it whistles and is loud but the gain is great, i gained almost 5kw's well depending how you look at it, between 4-5kw depending on whether a fan was used or not to blow air at the front.

satanoperca, any chance of audio of ur intake, really wana hear of other intake setups.
    Last edited by muli; 05-01-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ VTI-S

Aussie made is all that matters, home grown.

Hi,

Miss Channel, I think by far the TODA Aust. CAI is better than the Apexi as it is tuned for the Jazz engine. I believe but may be incorrect in saying the Apexi is a universal pod filter. The idea of changing a component on a combustable engine without testing and development for a specific engine seems fruitful, always trie and buy mods that have some specific evidence that they are better than the OEM product.

The TODA is also housed within the side guard, away from the engine and fully enclosed. I would recommend this mod to you if you can find one to buy.

But most importantly, there are people on this forum that have developed it and have provided car specific evidence that it works.

Whether a write up has been done before, further evidence of its validity as a performance mod on such forum's as Ozhonda should always be welcomed.

The sound is not loud at all, it is a soft suction noise as the rev's increase making the driving experience all the more enjoyable.

I base more statements of many years and dollars modifying Morris Minor Mini Cooper S and Leyland Mini GT's for race and road. If back then, 10 yrs I could have bought a bolt on mod that gave me this performance increase I would have paid an arm and a leg for it.

These small mods are making the Honda Jazz more enjoyable to drive around the City and the country.

Cheers to all those who believe that had work does mean something and this is testified by the development of the TODA CAI for Honda Jazz.
    Last edited by SATANOPERCA; 05-01-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    do they have cai for other hondas?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    How come some ppl say this CAI's indution noise is really loud and some ppl say its really quite?.. does it vary car to car?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by SATANOPERCA
    Hi,

Miss Channel, I think by far the TODA Aust. CAI is better than the Apexi as it is tuned for the Jazz engine. I believe but may be incorrect in saying the Apexi is a universal pod filter. The idea of changing a component on a combustable engine without testing and development for a specific engine seems fruitful, always trie and buy mods that have some specific evidence that they are better than the OEM product.

Thanks. I got a quote and was going to order a custom one made for autos but thought id give the Apexi a try first.. if its not that good, il get a TODA.

0098, we can custom make an intake for special jobs if there is nothing we havent already designed.

You can shoot Adrian or myself a pm (thought Adrian will be much slower in responding) if you have any special or one of makes your interested in. Note here that the costs incurred through the design and development stages will be much cheaper once spread over multiple units.

Miss_Chanel, being in Sydney, where adrian has an inhouse 4wd dyno, its best to speak to him and even get a test fitment

Member Array
    Car:
    03' GD3->05' GD3->86' EW5
    will it fit the facelifted version?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I am so glad that you are happy with it Satanoperca. It makes all that time I was without a car worthwhile (over a month) just for someone to finally understand and appreciate the effort and time that went in to it. I have been banging my head against a wall here trying to convince people how good it is.

The only reason I think petrovski was ever convinced on it was because we are good mates outside of the forum and he got to see it first hand and he knew I wasn't bullsh*tting.

Anyways I think these will become somewhat of a rare modification. I'm just glad that someone who appreciates it has one.

Enjoy!

P.S. Yes they will fit face-lifted versions.

Also I don't get why everyone keeps comparing TODA intake to Apex'i (Ms Chanel I know we have dicussed this before)....How many times do I have to write that I have used both and have tested both and the TODA intake wins hands down. Go read through my posts again. There I go, banging my head against that same wall

Last edited by Jus-10; 06-01-2006 at 05:47 PM.