Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Do you guys reckon this would be similar to the H22A4 Manual Tranny?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    Quote Originally Posted by Petronas View Post
    Do you guys reckon this would be similar to the H22A4 Manual Tranny?
    should be the same process for all hondas
    i've done both d-series and b-series and they both very much similar

Nice write-up.

My gears are bit rough these days and fifth is bit crunchy so I'll have to give this a go this wkend.

Done this a couple of times since reading late last year. Gave the gearbox a good flush and now the crunching is almost gone. Anyone tried the NULON gearbox lube? Tried it couple of times and couldn't really feel much difference. Any1?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 (ED9 with B16A)
    best to use Honda MTF..
    CRS3X

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    bump this shit

where the fk do u all get these numbers from????????????

gearbox oil change evry 40k kmz?? every 20k kmz? som1 even said do it with every engine oil change???????

what are u driving on the track evry day? ive never heard of any1 changing gearbox oil so frequently.......

just quoting my service manual, they dont bother changing gear box oil until 120k kmz....let alone evry 40k kms or less...
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    manual said 40 for hard driving in snow and towing or stop go traffic daily, not sometimes not every blue moon, it meant daily

some syd ppl could fit into this but brisbane ppl hardly, we dont have 3hr traffic jams thro parramatta lol

I do 40 as on my weekend my goal is to test Hondas reliability... lol

and its piss easy to change the fluid
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    but im sure honda being a jap brand build their cars expecting them to whore their way through traffic at least 3/4 of their lives

ok maybe 120 is a stretch, but 80 is still very reasonable imo....

dad has had the same gear box oil in his auto explorer for 150k kmz, lol
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

noob Q, just wondering - how many bolt should you replace? i know that there are 2 bolts (drain bolt washer & filler bolt washer) coz i noticed that my mechanics never replace the bolts - everytime i replace my gbox oil..??

btw is it better to invest on those spoon, mugen magnetic bolt?? are they worth buying?

**also how much are the oem drain bolt washer & filler bolt washer cost? is it only sold at honda dealers?

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by siir View Post
    noob Q, just wondering - how many bolt should you replace? i know that there are 2 bolts (drain bolt washer & filler bolt washer) coz i noticed that my mechanics never replace the bolts - everytime i replace my gbox oil..??

btw is it better to invest on those spoon, mugen magnetic bolt?? are they worth buying?

**also how much are the oem drain bolt washer & filler bolt washer cost? is it only sold at honda dealers?

cheers.
    replace the two washers everytime you do a change (filler hole and drain hole)

I dont see the magnetic ones being worth much hey, more a marketing gimmick, but I have thought about it in the past... Ive run a magnet thro my old oil on a few occasions and nothing has ever attached to it.

buy the washers at Honda $2 for both
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    replace the two washers everytime you do a change (filler hole and drain hole)

I dont see the magnetic ones being worth much hey, more a marketing gimmick, but I have thought about it in the past... Ive run a magnet thro my old oil on a few occasions and nothing has ever attached to it.

buy the washers at Honda $2 for both
    thx heaps man..
    $2 for both.. thats cheap :P

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    I've got the magnetic drains on both, and you will be surprised at how much crap they do collect... worthwhile in my own opinion
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316