Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ED Sedan

RE: Toda Cam Gears

Ive got a standard b18c engine, thinking of changing the cam gear to adjustable well i get a little mre power out of it thanks............

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    won't be worth the money on a stock engine.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    bro bro, check out bang for buck in your specific car thread.
    dont ask stupid questions.
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ED Sedan
    silly questionss ........sorry MR GEniusss..................... didnt kno tht u kno all ABOUT hondas

Quote Originally Posted by kayot1k
    bro bro, check out bang for buck in your specific car thread.
    dont ask stupid questions.

bro get a full exhaust system.....u got a jdm type r, might aswell make it sound like one!!

for ur original question, yes you will make gains, but there are better first mods.

feel free to PM me for further enquiries

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Sport 6MT
    i've read somewhere, cant remember exactly where, but with lighter cam pulleys/gears whatever you gain horsepower due to less weight restricting it or something? i mean if they are rotating the cams, if they are lighter they will be able to rotate at a faster pace, increasing the revolution of the engine... ?

i could be on the completely wrong track... someone correct me if i'm wrong

Moderator - here to help Array
    syk, its the AEM pulley kit youre talking about. the pulleys are have less rotational mass but ae slightly larger then OEM pulleys which make it free up some 'unused' hp.. i just made a thread about this in the technical section
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

I am planning on getting HKS adjustable cam gears and I was gonna open up a topic as well but now I will just join in.
    I have 4-1 headers, catback and apexi air intake, the boyz in honda tuning shop here in Perth "Garage R" told me that with all that plus HKS adjustable cam gears and Apexi Super AFC II dyno tuned by them I could bring my car from 139.1hp@wheels to around 150-155 that is 10-15hp gain on very low reading dyno it doesn't sound bad at all.
    They told me that they dyno tune it by some jap honda book (all about tuning hondas)that they got from japan so it all works perfect and car remains very relible and so on. I did see few cars with this set up at their shop and power figures were very good.

I was looking at bang for buck in specific car thread for DC2R but most of that is for people that have lots of $$$$ plus all those boyz there (TODA AU, DynoDave) think that we are all millioners, it's eazy to mod with lots of $$$$$, what about the real low buget (their is $7000+ low buget??? I don't think that's low at all)
    People are asking about simple modes that work and they are answering and backing up each other with something that we all know, bring the car to fancy tuning shop give them $10000 and car will go fast.

Now question is is this good mod for buck???
    Does anyone know of any other simple modes that work???
    Don't just tell us to go and look at that bang for buck tread, for most of us it's just dream to get even their low buget set up not to talk about more expensive ones.

Forgot to say my car is DC2 integra type R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Sport 6MT
    thats very true, the fact that not everyone has a spare $5000+ lying around doesnt really portray a real 'low budget' plan for bang for buck mods etc, based on the thread by TODA AU (adrian).
    I'm sure theres other ways to increase HP, but what i'm wondering... some people will spend $400 of a set of X-Force extractors... then others will spends $1300 on Toda's or even more on mugen's etc... is the extra couple of hp really worth the money? or are you better off saving a decent amount of money and putting that towards other stuff?
    i know thats starting to get off topic, but i'm curious... because it seems that with honda's, everyone is just so 'pro-brand name'... but alot of other car forums, people will just get xforce stuff etc... namely nissansilvia.com etc...?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Hey guys,

It's not that they think we are millionaires, it's that it's harder to get decent power gains out of a NA honda motor with parts that might work well on other cars. This is especially true for a DC2R. I don't think experienced Honda people are pro brand-name, they are pro what works. Imagine if Dyno Dave and Toda were recommending things that weren't tested and didn't work? That would be worse eh...

I have seen a DC2R with ONLY expensive extractors and a hi-flow cat beat a DC2R with intake and full Xforce extractors and exhaust system.

DC2R Bang for your Buck budget
    - Do all labour yourself
    - Change park plugs regularly and use a good brand of plug
    - Use a good synth oil and change every 5000km's
    - Use Highest Octane possible fuel
    - replace small exhaust section between cat and stock extractors with a larger pipe and a hi flow cat
    - install hondata intake manifold gasket
    - Install K&N drop-in filter and remove front resonator, run pipe to airbox directly from front bumper
    - Tune with cam gears and VAFC.
    - Run stock wheels/lighter wheels and increase tyre pressures
    - strip interior/stereo
    - remove Power steering

And enjoy the rest of the car- its awesome brakes and its fun tail-out attitude.