Bonnet has been painted
    L/H front guard has been painted
    front bumper has been painted
    two different tyres on rear
    dash blank missing
    burn in carpet
    missed 40000 and 50000 services
    no history in car

I've been so busy I haven’t had time to post this up. It took a whole month for the dealers to return my $500 deposit!

Heres another common issue

1. Dodgy dealers trying to sell you a car with forged service histories. Buyers beware! get it checked!

I've bought a Prelude vtir instead!
    2001 95 Integra VTIR
    2006 97 Prelude VTIR
    2007 01 S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    the black stuff is just normal carbon built up on exhaust bro......if you use BP or Mobile will be better.....optimax is worst on that......thats normal for DC5R....nothing to worry about.....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeah I guess recaro's are the main common issues, probably rattles as well around the dash and boot.

Btw, if you guys have that problem, do you guys enquire it to dealer and ask them to fix those problems? I'm talking about the clutch, 2nd gear grind.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Mine has the 1st to 2nd Gear knock/crunch, When i bought it 66000km done, it had a slight rough idle. Honda inspected it for me and found some bent valves, luckily the dealer payed for those repairs. Cost him $3800 from Honda. Yeah, the seats do wear, got them fixed under waranty. Honda Quoted new seats and decided to repair rather than replace, as they cost aprox $8k per seat. I also got a broken engine mount, and after further reading, it seems a common problem. Rear parcel shelves clips do break too. Other than that, its bloody awesome, so fast. Oh yeah, its hard work when you push it to the limits. But the effort is so rewarding.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc5 R :D
    if that is modded with header...just feel it the engine mount might be broken

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    As Eddie said guys no need to worry about the exhaust and area around the exhaust turning black because the stock ecu tune does run VERY rich.

Mine is 27,xxx kms and its black!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    no modded engine here, just suspension and intake and wheels. Yes the mount is broked

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by timofytit
    Mine has the 1st to 2nd Gear knock/crunch, When i bought it 66000km done, it had a slight rough idle. Honda inspected it for me and found some bent valves, luckily the dealer payed for those repairs. Cost him $3800 from Honda. Yeah, the seats do wear, got them fixed under waranty. Honda Quoted new seats and decided to repair rather than replace, as they cost aprox $8k per seat. I also got a broken engine mount, and after further reading, it seems a common problem. Rear parcel shelves clips do break too. Other than that, its bloody awesome, so fast. Oh yeah, its hard work when you push it to the limits. But the effort is so rewarding.
    apart from tranny issues and seats that sounds like one abused dc5r, at least the dealer got it all fixed up for you though.
    Last edited by matt; 28-04-2006 at 12:09 AM.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    yeah, i was really disappointed when i found out after i purchased it. But yeah, after all the heart break and weeks in at honda, its out now and awesome. Back to the state it should be in.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    for the transmission probs get the fluid changed with either oem or redline (i changed mine for oem).
    mine crunched a bit when i got it and still does but new fluid certainly helped and be nice easy on the shifts till its nice and warm. i also find that after i have shifted at high rpm once or twice (5k +) that it does get far better even perfect.
    Last edited by matt; 28-04-2006 at 01:13 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO VIII MR
    i did have the 2nd gear crunch a few times when i got my car (2yrs 2mrw - 28th of April), and have travelled just over 20,000km. But say.... well over a yr ago... no 2nd gear crunch...?

i thought it was just me with my bad ass shifting that was causing the grind... then i changed the way i shifted........ when going into 2nd gear, put slight pressure to the left WHILE shifting into 2nd. That's it.... it may just be me... or simply a cure... but since then, no crunch what so ever, at ANY RPM...

someone try it, and let me no... i could be talking a whole bunch of bs, or it could just be my tranny being perfect, or me fixing my bad ass driving skills...

oh yeah... if this is a bad thing to do for the tranmission, let me no, huh... haha i could be destroying my transmission thinking its a cure... lol

How do you get Honda or Hondacare to check the car? Ask the owner to bring it in and you pay for it? Any honda service center would do?